My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Picture glitches - live view and catch up

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mullers63

I was hoping the latest update would solve the glitches I have had since getting the box about 6 weeks ago. Unfortunately, if anything, they are worse.

The screen goes black for around 1-2 seconds and the TV switches between "Wide" and 16:9 aspect settings (it is an old Panny plasma). This occurs on both live TV and catch up (most notably on I Player). This can happen between every few minutes or not at all!

The Aura is connected through a Denon 5.1 receiver to the TV and was how my faithful old Foxsat HDR was connected for years and never showed any similar issue. Any advice would be appreciated.

| Mon 19 Apr 2021 10:22:46 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

For me its all fixed now maybe you need to double check your settings, or have a faulty box.

| Mon 19 Apr 2021 10:37:58 #2 |
  3. davidrew

davidrew

special member

mullers63 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I was hoping the latest update would solve the glitches I have had since getting the box about 6 weeks ago. Unfortunately, if anything, they are worse.
    The screen goes black for around 1-2 seconds and the TV switches between "Wide" and 16:9 aspect settings (it is an old Panny plasma). This occurs on both live TV and catch up (most notably on I Player). This can happen between every few minutes or not at all!
    The Aura is connected through a Denon 5.1 receiver to the TV and was how my faithful old Foxsat HDR was connected for years and never showed any similar issue. Any advice would be appreciated.

The thing with the Foxsat HDR was the video output was fixed at 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p.

Depending on settings the Aura adjusts output based on content source. Have you tried fixing the HDMI Resolution in Audio and Video settings? My Panasonic TV re-negotiates with the Aura if it is set to Auto because of the Aura's Dynamic Refresh Rate Switching changing the frame rate. Depending on the maximum resolution of your TV try fixing the Aura at 1080p at 50Hz, for example, and see what happens, this then switches off the Dynamic Refresh Rate Switching.

| Mon 19 Apr 2021 12:04:19 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mullers63

Set to 1080p 50Hz and so far seems to have done the trick.

Many thanks for the help

| Tue 20 Apr 2021 9:30:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mullers63

Hmm - still getting glitches (picture momentarily flickering off and back on) after a while and very occasional aspect switching as above. Anyone else seen this?

| Tue 20 Apr 2021 20:22:36 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mullers63 - 16 mins ago  » 
    Hmm - still getting glitches (picture momentarily flickering off and back on) after a while and very occasional aspect switching as above. Anyone else seen this?

Viewing what ? Freeview-HD and recordings from same are glitch free ?

| Tue 20 Apr 2021 20:42:34 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

mullers63

Just to update - tried a new HDMI cable (full 4K compatible) and the picture is now fine. Hope this may help others

Thanks for all your advice and comments

| Mon 3 May 2021 12:04:32 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.