My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Picture pixellation while watching in pause mode

(38 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

boogersa - 2 mins ago  » 
    Don’t know how this will be solved. Just watching master chef bbc 1 hd and the notification of another recording popped up and I got pixelation on master chef. I rewound and watched it again and pixelation at the same place. Quality 93%, strength 100%.

Was the new recording on the same mux. I regulary record up to 4 on PSB-3. Does not seem to make much any if any difference. Though not sure whether the internal tuner links are passive or amplified.

If passive the 3 tuners will lose 66% of the signal at rf1 in. But that will happen 100% of the time anyway. Basically same as fitting a 1:3 passive splitter to feed 3 single tuners from a single source.

| Mon 15 Mar 2021 22:15:18 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 min ago  » 

boogersa - 2 mins ago  » 
    Don’t know how this will be solved. Just watching master chef bbc 1 hd and the notification of another recording popped up and I got pixelation on master chef. I rewound and watched it again and pixelation at the same place. Quality 93%, strength 100%.

Was the new recording on the same mux. I regulary record up to 4 on PSB-3. Does not seem to make much any if any difference. Though not sure whether the internal tuner links are passive or amplified.
    If passive the 3 tuners will lose 66% of the signal at rf1 in.

It was recording channel 5 hd. I do not know which mix that is. Does it depend on your transmitter or are muxes the same everywhere and people with the knowledge will just know?

| Mon 15 Mar 2021 22:18:06 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

Sound dropout again at the end of Panorama on BBC1 HD when the titles were rolling.

From boogersa's post above this one, makes you wonder when 'flags' are being sent from broadcasters to indicate the beginning/end of programme whether it's causing a glitch within the Aura, if issues are noticed when the on-screen status box appears?

Or could it be on-screen status box itself where the problem lies?

Also noticed pixellation for a few seconds tonight on BBC1 HD after deleting a watched recording & pressing the 'return' button (to return to Freeview Live TV)

Will keep monitoring..

| Mon 15 Mar 2021 22:40:56 #33 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

I often notice pixelation for a second or so after exiting a menu.

| Mon 15 Mar 2021 22:48:55 #34 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

boogersa - 32 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 min ago  » 

boogersa - 2 mins ago  » 

If passive the 3 tuners will lose 66% of the signal at rf1 in.

It was recording channel 5 hd. I do not know which mix that is. Does it depend on your transmitter or are muxes the same everywhere and people with the knowledge will just know?

The following Channels are on the same Mux (PSB-3) on all UK transmitters including relays. It's carrier frequency will be different depending on transmitter. Provided you only have one transmitter tuned these will all be on the same Mux

101 BBC1-HD
    102 BBC2-HD
    103 ITV-HD
    104 CH4-HD
    105 CH5-HD

Only 1 tuner is required to record any two of them. The second tuner can be used to record any other 2. So you can record 4 out of the 5 at the same time. You can even record the 5th using a dodge involving the time shift buffer (you still have a 3rd tuner)

So knowing this you can setup a test that starts 4-HD recordings at the same time and using a SD channel to start a 5th at the same time. That means all 3 tuners are used at the same time. You should be able to chase play any of them in turn.

| Mon 15 Mar 2021 22:54:49 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterukwp

I had bad pixellation on BBC 1 HD Masterchef last night switched to LG tv tuner no pixellation.

| Tue 16 Mar 2021 9:55:03 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

lycandroid

Possible sideways comment but, for me, sometimes returning to live TV would show blank screen. Rebooting or force stopping the freeview live tv app would fix this.

Occasionally, but rarely, would also see pixellation.

But, since then I have switched off the PIP (picture-in-picture) option. I haven't had the blank screen problem and haven't noticed pixellation since then.

As I said, pixellation for me was very rare so I wouldn't like to offer a causal link between it and PIP, but just throwing it out there.

| Tue 16 Mar 2021 12:16:51 #37 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

lycandroid - 9 mins ago  » 
    Possible sideways comment but, for me, sometimes returning to live TV would show blank screen. Rebooting or force stopping the freeview live tv app would fix this.
    Occasionally, but rarely, would also see pixellation.
    But, since then I have switched off the PIP (picture-in-picture) option. I haven't had the blank screen problem and haven't noticed pixellation since then.
    As I said, pixellation for me was very rare so I wouldn't like to offer a causal link between it and PIP, but just throwing it out there.

I have just switched off PIP. I wiil post later if it makes any difference. I get this usually during the evening but not in daylight hours.

| Tue 16 Mar 2021 12:27:19 #38 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.