My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Pink screen and no sound !

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gnatalee

Hello all

I recently bought a Humax HDR-1100S Smart 500GB Freesat+ with Freetime HD Digital TV Recorder and whilst very happy with the attributes of this box I sometimes have a problem when first switching on.

I switch the TV on and then I switch on the Freesat box - sometimes I am greeted with a pink screen and no sound, which is strange for a new box. I find this can be fixed by switching-off at the plug, waiting a couple of seconds and then switching back on again. Easy to sort but surely not worthy of something I have paid over £180 for?

Any ideas or suggestions would be gratefully received, before I contact Humax.

| Fri 11 Mar 2016 17:34:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Symptoms of a loose hdmi connection or a poor quality/damaged cable.

| Fri 11 Mar 2016 20:23:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Haven't I already responded to exactly the same post as this earlier in the day with possible resolution? It appears SSThing has given you similar advice.

You titled your previous post as -Looking for input on problem with new Humax HDR-11

| Fri 11 Mar 2016 22:46:12 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

POPPY

Possibly a design fault as I have the same issue.Replaced HDMI and changed the port. Disabled VIERA link but still the same issue.Has anyone fixed it? are those with the issues all Panasonic issues as I am suspicious if all three or so reported are connected to Pannies.

| Sun 13 Mar 2016 8:41:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Yes, I have already informed the OP in another thread he started on the same issue - check the F-connectors. I re-made mine and have never had a further issues in the last 3 years.

| Sun 13 Mar 2016 14:16:45 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Curious - what display resolution is the units set to output and have you tried changing it?

| Sun 13 Mar 2016 16:56:01 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gnatalee

Thank you SSThing for your suggestion - I had checked whether connections were intact but may now try a couple of different cables.

Faust - sorry if I have repeated myself - didn't actually think I had, but if it is a problem, I apologise.

Poppy - my TV is a Sony so probably doesn't fall into your area of problem.

Repassac - haven't tried changing the resolution, as far as I understand it is set to the basic 1080 (?) but, there again, I rely on items which I purchase to perform as described. Thanks for your input though, helpful and another route of investigation.

Just wish that the box which I bought would behave how it should.

Thank you everyone.

| Wed 16 Mar 2016 18:39:37 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Your "sometimes" interest me.

Try disabling « BRAVIA » Sync to see if this makes a difference.

| Wed 16 Mar 2016 19:03:10 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

spike

I had this "pink screen" problem a couple of times after I got the my HDR-1000S about 18 months ago. I didn't respond here because it never came back, but a few minutes ago, just before the 6 'o clock news on BBC1, the box re-booted (i.e. went blank, then displayed the "Freesat / Hummax" logo and went to a pink screen. I wasn't anywhere near it or the remote)

Went to standby via remote and back on again but still just a pink screen. Re-cycled power and got a picture in small box as if the whole screen was in the top left hand corner, but all pink.

Another power cycle seems to have resolved it again. I haven't touched any connections.

Just thought I'd register that there is a problem lurking, but not reproducible.

| Tue 27 Sep 2016 17:14:40 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

spike

hmmm .. 3 hours later, just after 21:00, had another re-boot while watching a recording. No pink screen this time, but it had forgotten where it got to on the recording when I started it again.

| Tue 27 Sep 2016 20:08:37 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.