My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Poor Signal ITV channels

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

julie

Hello, I'm a new member. I have a relatively old 'Humanoid', my fond term for a piece of kit which I have been thrilled with for past 6 years. It's a PVR200T. In the last couple of weeks there seems to be an incredibly poor reception on all ITV channels, and sometimes Channel5 also. As a result either nothing will record from these channel when I set it to or impossible to watch if it does record.
    I am in Harpenden, Hertfordshire and it looks as though my ITV signal is now coming from Cambs & Beds transmitter whereas I am sure it used to come from Crystal Palace.
    In addition lots of things I set to record on other channels, like Match of the Day, don't happen either.
    Is my machine groaning with old age or just in need of some better informed operator?
    I would appreciate suggestions.
    many thanks.

stevieboy - 20 hours ago  » 
    Evening,
    I just got this message whilst watching a recording. I thought perhaps the signal had dropped during the recording itself so tried another recording (one I knew was OK) and got the same message. Tried about 6 recordings - same message.
    I tried putting the box into standby but that didn't fix it. I had to power the box off and back on.
    I did search the web but didn't find a reason for the issue. Has anyone else seen this?
    I'm on the Winter Hill transmitter (shouldn't matter as the message was seen when watching a recording).
    Software version 1.02.28
    Is this a sign the HDD is on it's way out? The box is just under a year old.
    Thanks everyone,
    Steve

| Mon 1 Oct 2012 17:38:19 #1 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

This is a different problem and should have been a new thread. I assume you mean a PVR9200T, did the problems start after doing a retune? If so have a look at channel number 800, 801, 802, etc., do you have good channels there? If you have then you need to do a Manual Search, follow my instructions here.

Mod Edit: Posts moved to correct forum and new thread.

| Mon 1 Oct 2012 18:37:47 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.