My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Powering the unit ON / Discrete Remote Codes

(4 posts)
  1. x6tus

x6tus

Hi all, just received my 1000S today to replace my FOXSAT HDR unit. All seems great so far.

I've just reprogrammed my Philips Pronto 9400 remote to work with the unit too and I've a couple of questions.

Firstly, does anyone know if there are discrete ON and OFF commands for the unit, instead of just the Power Toggle button?

Secondly, the old FOXSAT was able to be powered on by pressing any of the digit keys as well as the power toggle button. This was handy because pressing 0 powered on the unit if it was off, but did nothing if it was already on. I could then send the power toggle command to turn the unit off because I knew that having already pressed 0 the unit would be on.

The 1000S doesn't seem to react to any commands except for the power toggle button, which is a shame as it potentially allows the Philips remote control to get out of sync with the power state of the unit.

Any one have any experience of this problem and know any work arounds?

Thanks,
    Gareth.

| Tue 30 Oct 2012 21:15:29 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Only the power toggle afaik. I wouldn't worry too much the Foxsat-hdr could easily miss a power on, which is where 000 is handy.

The HDR-1000s is nuch more responsive to the remote. So far it's never missed a power on evewn when I have tried to make it hard (pointing remote opposite way, even at a easy chair between the remote and the box.

| Tue 30 Oct 2012 22:00:12 #2 |
  3. x6tus

x6tus

Thanks Graham, I must admit that it does seen quite responsive so far. I've got it all setup with RF too so it should be even more robust.

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 9:01:43 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mattg

Hi,

What was your solution for the rf output?

| Mon 2 Dec 2013 15:41:29 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.