My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Previous channel button

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Does anyone know how the previous channel button works as it's only working rarely for me. If I go back to TV from a recording etc it won't then switch to the previous TV channel. I've also found it either doesn't switch back to/from certain channels or it just won't work after a certain amount of time of watching a channel - or it just stops working for some other reason, I don't know which it as as yet. Anyway, switching back and forth between current and the previous channel is something I usually find really useful but the button doesn't do anything most of the time on this thing. Cheers.

| Fri 12 Aug 2016 16:49:46 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

This is something that I have noticed too.

| Sat 13 Aug 2016 7:54:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

BlackGhost - 1 year ago  » 
    Does anyone know how the previous channel button works as it's only working rarely for me. If I go back to TV from a recording etc it won't then switch to the previous TV channel. I've also found it either doesn't switch back to/from certain channels or it just won't work after a certain amount of time of watching a channel - or it just stops working for some other reason, I don't know which it as as yet. Anyway, switching back and forth between current and the previous channel is something I usually find really useful but the button doesn't do anything most of the time on this thing. Cheers.

I get exactly this and it would be very useful. Can anyone shed some light on it?

| Mon 2 Jul 2018 12:17:28 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try this.

Change to a different channel and press the back button to prove it works.

Now press recordings and use the back button to exit. My 5000T Box forgets the last channel viewed.

Repeat the above but get rid of the recording list using the X key. On my 5000T the last channel viewed is still remembered.

| Mon 2 Jul 2018 12:27:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Try this.
    Change to a different channel and press the back button to prove it works.
    Now press recordings and use the back button to exit. My 5000T Box forgets the last channel viewed.
    Repeat the above but get rid of the recording list using the X key. On my 5000T the last channel viewed is still remembered.

My problem wasn't wholly the same as the one I was replying to. My problem was switching to a second channel then pressing the Back button works, press it again and it works again, and you can continue this until you leave it for some time (not checked how long) then it does nothing. Sorry for the confusion re recordings.

| Mon 2 Jul 2018 12:35:13 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I will set up two channels on my 5000T and leave it for 30 minutes to see if it still works.

| Mon 2 Jul 2018 12:51:53 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Left it for 1.5hrs without touching the remote control and it had forgotten the last viewed channel. So looks like a bug to me.

| Mon 2 Jul 2018 14:31:18 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

redmic

Me thinks it is not really a previous channel button but a previous action button that is unless my 4000t remote is different to others it is labeled BACK

| Mon 9 Jul 2018 9:51:24 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

redmic - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Me thinks it is not really a previous channel button but a previous action button that is unless my 4000t remote is different to others it is labeled BACK

It is labelled BACK, but if you look at the manual it says 'Returns to the previous channel or previous screen'. In my case I have not touched any other buttons so it should toggle between two channels. It does this this most of the time.

| Mon 9 Jul 2018 10:04:49 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mine does the same, it works as expected until you leave the remote alone for a while and at some time it simply forgets the last action.

| Mon 9 Jul 2018 10:08:45 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.