My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Previous days programmes no information

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Telboy52

When I go to programme guide there is no information of previous programmes on same day or previous days. If I want to catch up on a programme I have to pull out mains plug and reboot. Then I can see the programmes. Also if I go to On Demand again there is no info. A reboot clears problem.The machine is permanently connected via ethernet to my router. Can anyone know why i get this?

| Tue 7 May 2019 16:12:13 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Seems to be a fairly common problem. I find you can restore it for a while by doing a cookies clearance.

Go to Players via the "F" button on a 5000T (I believe may be different on the 4000T remote).

Select the "i" button at the top right and then follow the prompts.

| Tue 7 May 2019 18:20:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Telboy52 - 2 hours ago  » 
    When I go to programme guide there is no information of previous programmes on same day or previous days.

Some people have seen this problem resolved by changing the DNS servers specified in Setting> network settings to 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 rather than just pointing at the router IP address (note you will need to specify a manual IP address; please ask if you need advice to do this). If you do try this experiment I would be grateful if you could report back if it helps.

| Tue 7 May 2019 18:53:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Telboy52

Martin, sorry for delay getting back I lost my internet due to a fox chewing my cable.
    Anyway I'm back online but still having problems so I will try what you say about changing DNS servers, however I will need help in specifying a manual IP address.

| Wed 15 May 2019 16:07:26 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Telboy52 - 50 minutes ago  » 
    Anyway I'm back online but still having problems so I will try what you say about changing DNS servers, however I will need help in specifying a manual IP address.

OK it is pretty straightforward to set a manual IP address; start by telling us what make and model of router you are using?

| Wed 15 May 2019 16:59:02 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Telboy52

Its a Virgin Media Hub3

| Wed 15 May 2019 17:16:47 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Telboy52 - 22 minutes ago  » 
    Its a Virgin Media Hub3

OK lifted from the Internet are the instructions for reserving an IP address on a Virgin Media Hub3 as follows:
    ==========================================
    First make sure the PVR is on.

The easiest way is to use DHCP reservation on the router.

Navigate to 192.168.0.1 in your web browser and log in.

If you are using a Hub 3 go to Advanced->DHCP.
    Scroll down
    Select the PVR from your list of connected devices.
    Scroll down and you'll see the Add reserved rule Box is now populated with the PVR MAC and IP address.
    Click Add rule
    You may be kicked out of the Hub interface at this point - but if you go back in and check you'll see the PVR has now been added to the list of reserved devices.

From now on the PVR will always be assigned the same IP address.
    ============================================

Note down the IP address that has been reserved.

Now on the FVP press the Freeview button>Select the Settings tab and select "Configure LAN".

The first item "Configure IP" should currently be set to DHCP; press right arrow and select Manual.

Check the following:

IP address should be whatever you wrote down previously
    Netmask should be 255.255.255.0
    Gateway should 192.168.0.1
    you then change the DNS server values to:

Those IP addresses are for Open DNS which is what I use

Alternatively you could try Google DNS which is

When done click Apply and you are finished.

Check that you can use one of Players to demonstrate the Internet connectivity is working properly and then wait and see if your problem is resolved.

You can revert the change by going back into LAN settings on the PVR by changing "Configure IP" back to DHCP.

If Virgin send you a new hub, then you will need to redo the process, first setting the PVR back to DHCP and then reserving what will probably be a new IP address and then repeating the process on the PVR.

Please come back and ask any questions or point out errors in my instructions. Also give us an update on whether it helps after a week or so.

| Wed 15 May 2019 18:01:38 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Apologies, double post please delete.

| Wed 15 May 2019 18:04:50 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Telboy52

Hi Martin
    Many thanks for all that. I've done all that you said, now lets see if it keeps the programmes, I will update you in a couple of weeks.
    Oh by the way it wouldn't let me change DNS server values at first. It would not let me change the first number from 1 to 2, however it allowed me to put 0's so I changed them all to 0's, went out and then went back and I was then able to enter the full values starting with 208 etc.

| Thu 16 May 2019 8:57:41 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Telboy52 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Many thanks for all that. I've done all that you said, now lets see if it keeps the programmes, I will update you in a couple of weeks.

Good; did you find it straightforward to do (except for the oddity you noted)?

Oh by the way it wouldn't let me change DNS server values at first.
    It would not let me change the first number from 1 to 2, however it allowed me to put 0's so I changed them all to 0's, went out and then went back and I was then able to enter the full values starting with 208 etc.

That is really odd; I haven't seen the problem and I can't explain it; well done for finding a creative solution.

| Thu 16 May 2019 11:33:33 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.