My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

PROBLEM CUSTOMER

(27 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nesbitt

Hi dec, how do you patch a sky box, mine was all but useless other than watching live tv once my contract expired (no new recordings/can't view saved recordings/no live pause) is it possible to restore some sort of usability to Sky boxes?
    Also Sky want to stiff you to watch freesat channels with a freesat viewing card, the reason I left them in the first place was to save the ongoing costs.
    Our old Sky box is now just gathering dust.

| Sat 16 Mar 2013 9:15:36 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dec

Sorry, now I've got rid of the Humax I don't read the forum very often.

Probably way off topic for this forum but search for "sky+ pace patch" but note that this only works for certain Pace Sky+ standard def boxes. Be prepared for soldering and lots of playing.

HD boxes are much harder to get your own code into and as far as I know there isn't anything publicly released. The code in the box can be reversed and patched though - definitely one for us techies.

| Tue 19 Mar 2013 14:35:11 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nesbitt

Blast - thanks dec - mine's an Amstrad, though even that worked better than the 1000S has so far.
    I thought Amstrad set the lowest watermark that everyone else jumps over, however Humax have proven me wrong with this.

| Wed 20 Mar 2013 20:05:38 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

apokryphos

Out of interest, Nesbitt, have you done a factory reset since the OTA update earlier this month?

| Thu 21 Mar 2013 16:25:01 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nesbitt

Nope, I've not done any resets since I first had the box in November, I have done the occasional (twice) hard disk clean up, but other than that I've left the box pretty much in the hands of FreeTime, I didn't use the interim software to fix recording issues, it went straight from the OTA update 16 in december to the OTA update 37 earlier this month. As it did everything I asked of it (albeit unreliably) I didn't see the need for a reset as I have nearly 50 items listed in my planned recording schedule and I don't want to have to enter thal all again without reasonable justification.

| Sat 23 Mar 2013 20:36:45 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

apokryphos

I've seen posts on other forums that would suggest a factory reset has cured any lingering bugs that were still present after the last update. I can understand what a pain it might be, though.

I haven't got this box myself, but my Sky sub ends next week and the decline in people posting about problems with their box has me leaning towards picking one up.

| Sat 23 Mar 2013 21:17:46 #16 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

apokryphos - 1 hour ago  » 
    I've seen posts on other forums that would suggest a factory reset has cured any lingering bugs that were still present after the last update. I can understand what a pain it might be, though.

Humax usualy advise a factory reset after an update on their boxes just for that very reason.
    Just as when you update software on a PC and it says you must restart to finish installation, the HDR 1000s should be treated the same.
    I personally think there should be an on screen message to let you know an updates been installed and a factory default is required along with a warning about resetting scheduled recordings.

| Sat 23 Mar 2013 22:47:41 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

souporjuice

I'd actually find that really annoying - resetting user settings is one thing, as there aren't that many, but wiping series links is a real pain. I did a reset recently (YouTube stopped working) and it took *ages* to set recordings up again, writing everything down, using that superslow EPG, or the search that takes ages to type into. I'm not going to do that again in a hurry. They need to come up with a better solution if this is going to be required for every software update.

| Sun 24 Mar 2013 0:25:35 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

"Humax usualy advise a factory reset after an update on their boxes just for that very reason."

Do they ? I thought it was just a few helpful owners that recommended a factory reset. Can you provide a link to where Humax suggest this action after installing updates on their boxes ?  

| Sun 24 Mar 2013 13:00:04 #19 |
  10. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Reffub - 26 minutes ago  » 
    "Humax usualy advise a factory reset after an update on their boxes just for that very reason."
    Do they ? I thought it was just a few helpful owners that recommended a factory reset. Can you provide a link to where Humax suggest this action after installing updates on their boxes ?  

This is something that goes way back to the 9200T days, which is mentioned in the downloads section of Humax UK. When you email Humax about issues after an update they usually respond with how to perform a factory default.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/downloadcenter_model.aspx?category_seq=56

| Sun 24 Mar 2013 13:43:21 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.