My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Problem with box loosing series link

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello,

I have the following with issue with my box find that I set a series recording from the guide, but halfway though the series the box will loose the series record and I have to set the series link again.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Matthew

| Wed 24 Nov 2021 0:26:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

It may well be down to the individual broadcaster. If, for some reason, they change the Series CRID code then the link will be lost.

| Wed 24 Nov 2021 9:39:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

If I recall correctly, you bought this box second hand?
    And you have had problem after problem after problem, I think it's time to take the hint.

| Wed 24 Nov 2021 10:51:28 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello,

Just a quick update for you, I did not buy the box second hand, I brought it from a retail store, the first box I brought from the retail store was replaced as the hard drive packed up. And the box I have now is the replacement from the store.

Hope this help you.

Thanks

| Fri 26 Nov 2021 0:05:37 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

David Briggs

I find that I have to reboot my FVP4000T every week or so. The symptoms are that series recordings start to disappear from the Schedule list and it is not possible to re-program them from the Guide.

I normally leave the FVP switched on all the time. To reset it, I put it into standby, red light on, leave it for a short while, like 30 seconds, then wander over to the TV stand and disconnect its power lead from the back. Leave it for a few more seconds and then plug it back in. Wait a minute or two for it to reboot and then turn it back on. Blue light on.

You can tell if the series CRID has changed by enabling Series Info display. Go to the Home, Settings, System Settings, System Info screen. Press the Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Green, Yellow, Blue buttons, in order, one at a time. You should see a yellow no entry sign while doing that. The Hidden Menu should appear. Series Info is at the bottom. Scroll up or down and press OK. Back out.

If the CRID does change, then subsequent recordings will make a new group in the Recordings list. In my experience, this is quite rare but it does happen from time to time. CRIDs do often change if one series ends and another starts.

I hope that helps.

| Fri 26 Nov 2021 20:11:37 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello David,

Thanks for the information I will try it and let you know the outcome.

Thanks

Matthew

| Wed 1 Dec 2021 0:28:25 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello David.

I followed your instructions and and now next to recordings the information appears, I will tried it and let you know the outcome.

Thanks

Matthew

| Wed 1 Dec 2021 23:04:42 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.