My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Problem with built in chromecast and Google Home

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

humaxban

Everything was pretty much working without any issues for what 6 months? Must be longer since I got it. Then last week I noticed I could not access the Aura on Google Home app, now throwing an error when trying to cast from YouTube app "Untrusted Device humax couldnt be verified. This could be caused by outdated firmware."

Got support on chat, told to factory reset. Of course. Which I did. But now I have other niggles as well as original issues still on going....

- Cant see Humax online in my Google Home app
    - Cant cast from YT app
    - Power button no longer switches off TV (used to work fine) after setting and testing a code that does on the remote.
    - I've seen the volume revert itself back from control TV to the STB after I set it.

I have 00.09.21 firmware version.

Oh and support dont seem to be able to send me emails so I have to chase them up on chat every couple of days to check.

Everything else seems to work just fine. Phone app, EPG, recording, playback etc.

I used to use the Photo Gallery screensaver a lot, so I do miss that at the moment. Hopefully... support with do me right...

| Thu 8 Sep 2022 19:52:29 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

humaxban

So the Chromecast-built-in issues miraculously fixed themselves after some time. But now its back again grrrr. Support case opened.

I tried Google first who blame the vendor....

Same error message from YouTube "Untrusted Device humax couldnt be verified. This could be caused by outdated firmware."

So again
    - Cant cast from Android YT app
    - Shows as not connected on the Home app
    - Ambient photos reverted from my gallery pics to the defaults

Latest firmware is still 9.21 https://uk.humaxdigital.com/support/?category_id=12&product_id=551197&curr_page=sw_release

And to record my other versions

Model FVP-4KGTR
    Version 9
    Kernel Version 4.9.189-1-12pre
    Build PTT1.190528.001

Chromecast built in version number

My phone is Google Pixel 5
    Android version 13
    Build number TQ2A.230305.008.C1
    Kernel version 4.19.261-gee74f6534678-ab9438648
    #1 Mon Dec 26 02:31:52 UTC 2022

B.

| Wed 5 Apr 2023 18:22:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

humaxban

Support say they cannot reproduce. Am I the only one that has this problem? Does anyone else use the in built Chromecast to cast? Or connect it to Google home?

| Fri 7 Apr 2023 17:41:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

I sometimes get this an unplug and plug back in usually does the trick a right pain though

| Fri 7 Apr 2023 19:36:24 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

humaxban

phlppip - 2 weeks ago  » 
    I sometimes get this an unplug and plug back in usually does the trick a right pain though

You mean powercycle the humax? Tried that didn't work. The only next thing I can try is a reset .. which is a pain.

| Mon 24 Apr 2023 19:09:19 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

I also could not cast from You Tube app and Parmount+ app. Usually use the Apps on the Aura.I got casting working by going to Settings_Apps_See all apps_show system app and clicking on Chromecast built-in. Then clicking uninstall updates. Then going to Google Play Store on the Aura checking updates. Chromecast built-in should show update available. Update app

| Thu 27 Apr 2023 16:57:39 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

humaxban

Had some other issues, like random reboots, so performed a reset - seems to have restored the chromecast youtube casting issue as well as not rebooting now.

Usual story, reset/switch it off and on again... ho hum...

At least it didnt lose recordings. I'm on one reset/year so far.

| Fri 5 May 2023 16:33:59 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.