My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Problem with ITV only

(4 posts)
  1. launton

launton

Hi,

I've got one of these in the bedroom on a quad LNB 2 feeds to the lounge and 1 to the bedroom. On ITV only (all other channels ok) the receiver intermittently drops signal complaining of no signal. (every 20 to 30 seconds) If I dial in another channel it immediately locks with full signal. The lounge feeds are fine. I guess the LNB could be failing on 1 portion and the other feeds are OK?, but I'm not up on how quad LNB's are manufactured and if the other feeds would be affected. I also don't know if ITV has a channel close-by on the same polarization for me to test if it's the tuner. It's Odd. Maybe I'll try a factory reset first? Thought I'd ask in case anyone else has seen this. The box was a refurbished model from Humax direct.

| Tue 1 Mar 2016 11:19:24 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ITV HD has recently changed it's forward error correction settings which makes it a bit less robust than usual. Some older Panasonic and Sony kit is unable to view at all. Not seen any issues at all with Humax kit, but your dish alignment may need adjusting or as you say the lnb is on the way out. If you move the problem box to one of the known working points does it then work OK ?

ITV SD is not affected so is it ITV HD you have problems with ?

STV HD currently uses the old paramaters, tuning using non freesat will show if it's the FEC that is the issue.

11068 V DVB-S2 8PSK 23000 2/3

| Tue 1 Mar 2016 12:05:05 #2 |
  3. launton

launton

Its HD ITV only, I don't use SD if possible, and it's fine now, and has been for the last few hours. I do have a spare box I can connect to this feed to check it the other way round (so to speak) The LNB is about 4 years old. ITV HD is showing this strength when 'live' and thanks for the info so far

Attachments

1. IMG_20160301_114753.jpg (108.4 KB, 0 downloads) 8 years old
    | Tue 1 Mar 2016 12:53:16 #3 |
  4. launton

launton

Just to bring closure to this it appears to be my LNB failing on one feed.

| Wed 2 Mar 2016 19:15:41 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.