My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Problem with On Demand and internet connection

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DFC1957

Hi,
    I have an HDR 1000S/1010S with s/w at UKSFAA 3.00.18 updated on 02/12/2015.

For the last few weeks I have had a problem with viewing On Demand (typically iPlayer). On wake up the HDR shows a pop up saying 'checking internet connection' and all appears ok. On selecting iPlayer from the on demand menu the player again checks the internet connection and then displays a message saying that to use on demand it needs to be connected to the internet. At this point it take me through the connection dialog (select router, auto connect etc) which appears to work OK. If I then select iPlayer again I go through the same loop.
    I have tried rebooting the HDR and router in various sequences with no difference. I have also tried a factory reset of the HDR with no difference.

I cannot remember exactly when it last worked OK (probably early December). I have tried the HDR with an Ethernet cable hard wired to the router but this also did not work (I would need to do it again to get the exact details of how it fails obviously not the internet connection) but I would prefer to get the internet connection working.

There have been no changes to the router, service provider etc and I can get iPlayer on my tablet via the same router.

Grateful for any suggestions as to what the problem might be.

| Sun 24 Jan 2016 13:15:54 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

What software version does Settings - System Information - General Info say is installed on your box ?

Welcome to our forum.

| Sun 24 Jan 2016 13:20:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

DFC1957

Hi,

Software version is UKSFAA 3.00.18. I have tried checking for software updates but no new updates are found.

Thanks

| Sun 24 Jan 2016 13:57:33 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

DFC1957 - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Hi,
    Software version is UKSFAA 3.00.18. I have tried checking for software updates but no new updates are found.
    Thanks

3.0.20 on the way.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/phased-roll-out-of-software-version-30020

If you can't wait you can update using usb.

http://www.freesat.co.uk/help/got-freesat/fix-a-problem/tv-hdmi-issues

Note the update isn't related to ON Demand but at least you will have the latest software before looking further into the OD issue.

| Sun 24 Jan 2016 14:10:41 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

DFC1957

Hi,

As the update is imminent I'll wait for it and check the 'on demand' before updating the topic.

Thanks.

| Sun 24 Jan 2016 14:19:10 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

GG1948

I have posted on a similar (but not identical) problem with the latest software and On Demand in this thread.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/phased-roll-out-of-software-version-30020?replies=7#post-45381

| Sun 24 Jan 2016 22:35:45 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.