My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Problem with recording half way though a programme

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello,

I have the following problem with starting recording halfway though a programme. The FVP 5000T box will record the rest of the programme that is fine, but when I come to play the recording back find that the FVP 5000T box will play 18 mins of the programme that I has all ready seen.

Is there a way to fix this issue.

Thanks

Apache

| Tue 29 Jun 2021 23:05:15 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

That doesn't sound like an issue. I think the box has just recorded what was already in the buffer, which I believe is what it should do. Unless you mean it only plays that 18 minutes.

| Wed 30 Jun 2021 7:21:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

A1944 is correct. When you change channel and watch a programme using the Humax, the live buffer clears and then starts to fill up from the new channel. If you decide 18 minutes later to record the programme the recording starts when you changed channel not when you pressed record. I’m not sure what happens if there has been a change of programme (but not a change of channel). This appears to be by design. There is nothing you can do about it.

| Wed 30 Jun 2021 9:53:39 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

EEPhil - 2 hours ago  » I’m not sure what happens if there has been a change of programme (but not a change of channel).

Barry - 5 years ago  » 
    Pressing record will record the current programme buffer contents from the start - if you have been watching channel from start, and ignores previous programme contents that may be in buffer.
    Rewinding the buffer to the beginning of its contents will record the whole buffer (named as current programme) including previous programme if contents are in buffer.

("Start" being the scheduled start and not the start according to what the Accurate Recoding function would use.)

| Wed 30 Jun 2021 12:30:58 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Apache - 17 hours ago  » 
    Hello,
    I have the following problem with starting recording halfway though a programme. The FVP 5000T box will record the rest of the programme that is fine, but when I come to play the recording back find that the FVP 5000T box will play 18 mins of the programme that I has all ready seen.
    Thanks
    Apache

Change to a different channel for a short period and then back to the one you are watching. Instant record will start from the point you changed back.

| Wed 30 Jun 2021 16:15:40 #5 |
  6. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

Apache - 18 hours ago  » 
    Hello,
    Thanks
    Apache

I had a similar problem, is it what you are saying, that I would press record halfway through a programme but it stopped recording after 15 minutes or so for some reason on 4000T? I think at the time people said it was possibly a corrupted cache file and I needed to reformat the hard drive. I could never get to a point where I said goodbye to 1TB of recordings.

| Wed 30 Jun 2021 17:51:05 #6 |
  7. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

Paul Bton - 1 min ago  » 

Apache - 18 hours ago  » 
    Hello,
    Thanks
    Apache

I had a similar problem, is it what you are saying, that I would press record halfway through a programme but it stopped recording after 15 minutes or so for some reason on 4000T? I think at the time people said it was possibly a corrupted cache file and I needed to reformat the hard drive. I could never get to a point where I said goodbye to 1TB of recordings.

Ah sorry, I think you are complaining that the Humax recorded the whole programme. For me that is a feature not a bug. You might want to see the whole film or whatever. Just fast forward through or skip through the bit you have seen. It's not a fault.

| Wed 30 Jun 2021 17:55:28 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Paul Bton - 3 hours ago  » 

Paul Bton - 1 min ago  » 

Apache - 18 hours ago  » 
    Hello,
    Thanks
    Apache

Ah sorry, I think you are complaining that the Humax recorded the whole programme. For me that is a feature not a bug. You might want to see the whole film or whatever. Just fast forward through or skip through the bit you have seen. It's not a fault.

I agree but if that is what the OP wants. Assuming the content is available on both a SD channel and HD one. Switch to the other one. Time shift buffer pointer now switches to point to the channel the OP switched to. Reverting to the original channel resets the pointer to the the original source. means that a new instant recording now starts at the new first watched point. Which is what the OP wanted.

The skip keys on a 4000/5000T are not as intuitive as the new Aura but they do work.

However as you say just use the skip keys to get fast to the back to the last viewed point.

| Wed 30 Jun 2021 21:25:11 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Probably the best approach is to be a bit more prepared with your viewing and check the EPG for interesting programmes in advance and set them to record.

Then if you want to watch one straight away, just wait until it starts and start watching it from the recordings page a few seconds behind.

If you stop part way through, you can restart from the point where you left off just by going back to the recording list and selecting the correct option - "from where you left off".

If something proves not so interesting as you thought, just stop watching the recording and delete it there and then.

| Wed 30 Jun 2021 22:38:25 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me, is there a way to clear the buffer out ?

Can you let me know.

Thanks

Matthew

| Wed 30 Jun 2021 22:55:19 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.