My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Problems recording two part programs

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SimonR

Hello to everyone here.
    I would like to ask if anyone has experienced the problem I have.
    My FVP 4000T has a problem when a show is split into two parts.
    For example, on several channels a program is show in two parts, with a short news update between the two parts. If I select the first part to record, the second part (after the short program) is not selected or recorded. If I try to manually select the second part of the show, I am unable to mark it for recording.
    It seems the only workaround is to set manual timings. I wonder if anyone has experienced this problem ? Any help would be appreciated.

| Mon 26 Mar 2018 10:14:16 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Have you actually experienced the failure of the second part or are you just assuming that the second part won't be recorded because the timer/record icon is not appearing (as you would rightly expect it to)? The fact that you cannot select the second part to record suggests that the timer is already set.
    I have not experienced this type of recording failure myself.

| Mon 26 Mar 2018 10:28:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SimonR

Thanks for the reply.
    The second part is not highlighted for recording and does not record.
    I am unable to mark the second part for recording.
    I contacted Humax and their answer was to perform a factory reset, which did not stop this happening !

| Mon 26 Mar 2018 11:27:20 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

I bet the problem lies with the broadcaster not identifying the split programme with correct crid coding...

Can you give an example?

| Mon 26 Mar 2018 11:55:03 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I have just trawled through the epg and the only split programs I have found are movies on Channel 5. Selecting any of them to record results in both parts being correctly highlighted (for recording) in the epg.
    I suspect that the issue you have encountered has been down to the broadcaster and not your box.

| Mon 26 Mar 2018 11:58:35 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

There are others eg

itv 4, Sony Movie Channel.

| Mon 26 Mar 2018 12:17:09 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Barry - 8 minutes ago  » 
    There are others eg
    itv 4, Sony Movie Channel.

I am sure there are loads, I just didn't want to search that deeply lol. I am still inclined to think it is a broadcaster issue and not a fault of the box.
    Ps I have just checked on ITV (Jaws) and Sony (Enemy of the State) and both recordings set correctly according to the epg.

| Mon 26 Mar 2018 12:35:13 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Workaround is set a manual recording for the second part, when the broadcaster fails to identify it as a split event.

| Mon 26 Mar 2018 12:57:27 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I have had this a few times, where the epg does not indicate that all of the series is set to record, despite series link having been chosen. Selecting the missing (tonight's) episode will not allow one to set a timer. However, cancelling and the re selecting works. As you can see from my pic (taken before I cancelled and reset) the icon shows a series recording was set previously.

Attachments

1. 20180326_135304.jpg (1091.3 KB, 1 downloads) 6 years old
    | Mon 26 Mar 2018 14:05:31 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SSThing - 57 minutes ago  » 
    I have had this a few times, where the epg does not indicate that all of the series is set to record, despite series link having been chosen. Selecting the missing (tonight's) episode will not allow one to set a timer. However, cancelling and the re selecting works. As you can see from my pic (taken before I cancelled and reset) the icon shows a series recording was set previously.

A split event is a single programme that isn't transmitted in one part.

Frequently to show a evening news bulletin.

This requires the broadcaster to code the crid codes indicating a split event.

That's different to a series recording where once an event (a episode) is recorded the box schedules the next episode.

| Mon 26 Mar 2018 15:06:12 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.