My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Problems since March retune

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jack333

Since the March re tune of Freeview my Humax 9300T started doing weird things with recordings. Recording programmes I hadn't set and 3 or 4 lines of same recording. I reset to factory settings, turned box off at switch and I cleared the rogue recordings and all seemed to be well until tonight when it seemed to be recording a programme I recorded last week and just watched. When i tried to delete them the the box seemed to reboot and I have now lost all recordings.
    When i check the hard drive its showing 64% unused so there must be something there but nothing in the recorded list. I have just disconnected power and waiting to see if that has any affect. any advice gratefully received.

| Sun 11 Mar 2018 1:19:29 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

You have given a perfect description of the progress of file system corruption. The fix is to format the drive from the HDD Control menu item in the record menu. If you want to recover the programs the it can be done if you are prepared to open the Humax, connect the drive to a PC and use humaxrw in recovery mode (-r option).

| Sun 11 Mar 2018 11:42:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jack333

It’s not long since I fitted a new hard drive due to bad sectors in my original drive. I am familiar with recovering recordings via a pc so I suppose I will have to do that. I recall it wasn’t that successful last time and only certain recording were saved to my pc any I couldn’t get them to reinstall on the new hard drive.
    I finally decided to abandon old recordings and start afresh.
    It’s a good job we have catch up TV which helps.
    Thanks for you advice and help Martin.

| Sun 11 Mar 2018 12:27:48 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jack333

Nothing is easy with computers. I have taken my drive out of Humax to try and download recorded programmes using HumaxRW Front-End but the only programmes that are listed are ones that I recorded after the set went haywire after the re tune. Before I took out the drive it showed that there was about 64% space remaining but its only listing 7 programmes I recorded last Sunday. Any help on this problem please would be appreciated.
    I have put my old drive back in my Humax while I have the new one plugged into PC.

| Wed 14 Mar 2018 18:39:17 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jack333 - 9 minutes ago  » 
    I have taken my drive out of Humax to try and download recorded programmes using HumaxRW Front-End but the only programmes that are listed are ones that I recorded after the set went haywire after the re tune.

As I said in post #2 you need to use recovery mode in your situation. As far as I can see the version of the Front-End that I have does not support recovery mode so you need to use humaxrw from the command line and include the -r argument.

| Wed 14 Mar 2018 18:51:31 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jack333

Thanks Martin could you give me some more information on using the command line please. I presume that's in dos?

| Wed 14 Mar 2018 20:23:48 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jack333 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks Martin could you give me some more information on using the command line please. I presume that's in dos?

Try reading this thread; particularly the last post https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/recording-list-blank-help

| Wed 14 Mar 2018 21:55:39 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jack333

Hi Again I have tried but I just cant seem to get the correct command line to open up my hard drive. Its a bit confusing when not used to using dos or powershell.
    I cant understand when there are spaces in between characters.
    Im typing this but getting nowhere
    cd humax
    I get
    j:\humax
    I type
    .\humaxrw 1-r
    but i just get a
    The term '.\humaxrw' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operabl
    pelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At line:1 char:10
    + .\humaxrw <<<< 1:-r
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (.\humaxrw:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

PS J:\humax> .\humaxrw 2:-r-2
    Can anyone help please......

| Thu 15 Mar 2018 12:29:26 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jack333 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I cant understand when there are spaces in between characters.
    Im typing this but getting nowhere
    cd humax

I take it you have a directory called humax and within that directory is the humaxrw.exe file?

I get
    j:\humax
    I type
    .\humaxrw 1-r

I think that should be
    .\humaxrw 1: -r -l
    (I have used double spaces to try and make it clearer)

| Thu 15 Mar 2018 13:43:05 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jack333

Thanks Martin for your patience.
    Humax is on my T drive. I have a folder called Humax and humaxrw.exe is in that folder. My Humax HD drive is showing as disk 6 in computer management. I've attached a file of the message i get from Power shell when i type in the commands.

Attachments

1. P_shell_1.JPG (26.2 KB, 2 downloads) 6 years old
    | Thu 15 Mar 2018 17:55:10 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.