My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Problems with H3 box

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

janandsteve

Hi. I have had the 4000t a while and recently added the h3 box for multi room. My 4000t holds my recordings and I can access them via the h3 in another room. The problem I am having is that when I play a recording via the h3 and get to the adverts, I try and ffwd and guess when they have finished ( no 'live' fast scan picture ), after it stops, the progress bar on screen jumps to the left and then I'm back into the 1st part again before the adverts. Try again and it gets worse, jumping more towards the front of the recording. When I try and rwd it then jumps forward. I have tried a factory reset on both boxes, reset my network, took the lot to a friends house and tried on another network completely and I still get the same problem. Spoke to Humax support and they have swapped out the h3 but this one is still the same. They say they cannot help me further. One of the tech support guys told me he had a similar problem on their h3 in the office and told me John the manager was dealing with it via Korea...... then when I chase them up, they deny all knowledge of our last conversation, even though I have a call ref number. John is always too busy to come to the phone.... I'm not impressed at all with the Humax 'support' centre. Has anyone else experienced similar problems with their h3 and can offer some advice, please? Tech support told me that I was the first to enquire about the error..... then a friend rang up whose network I used, and he was told the same, no one else has this error....... mmmm thanks. Steve.

| Thu 5 Jan 2017 20:52:27 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi Steve,
    I don't have a H3. It has been mentioned a few times on this forum so there are some out there.
    Accessing anything over the network via my fvp4000t is hit and miss and it's easy to tie the box up in knots, flakey best describes it and I don't use wifi or network power plugs.
    I only have HD recorded on the fvp4000t bar one SD file and only for test purposes. As such only this one SD file is available for playback tests. Playing back this SD file from the fvp4000t via another device is also hit and miss, jumping forwards/backwards as you would for adverts causes a network communication error after around 5-6 jumps.

I'm not sure what Humax were thinking with the H3, it seems to be an android media player. The app doesn't work on my tablet, but does for others. Personally I don't think the fvp4000t or the H3 have any hardware problems, just software, as I'm sure you've experienced.

Unfortunately afaik, the H3 is the only device in town that'll access the HD recordings on the fvp4000t. If you have an android tablet or phone I'd be inclined to install the app and then at least you'd be able to compare. The only bit of advice I can offer is to be patient with it, i.e. wait 5 seconds or so when jumping forwards/backwards between button presses to allow the fvp4000t time to catch up

| Fri 6 Jan 2017 3:47:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

janandsteve

Hi Damian
    Many thanks for your reply. I have tried your suggestion and I am still experiencing the same problem. It's got to be a software issue in either both or one of the 4000t or h3 boxes. It's such a shame that Humax cannot come clean and just admit to the issue; I'd be much more inclined to keep the boxes then, if they were prepared to listen. At the moment, if Humax cannot come up with any solution, then both boxes will be going back. Just look how long it has taken them to 'sort' the 4000t since launch..... I don't think i am prepared to sit and wait for them to get the h3 software sorted...... for the time being, back to the faithful Sony box and my RF modulator setup for multi room. Thanks again. Steve

| Sat 7 Jan 2017 21:37:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

A bit more input from other H3 owners might help before you completely make your mind up.

The fvp4000t uses dtcp to stream HD content to another device as do some of the older humax boxes, but humax have made this incompatible with their older boxes, which btw don't suffer with stuttering. Another feature was the streaming of live TV channels which would have been useful for areas/rooms without an aerial connection and tuner, but this feature was removed from the fvp4000t last year and can only be accessed via the H3 or an app afaik. The whole thing is quite bizarre.

There aren't any proper in-depth reviews, just rehashes of the press release. I'd imagine another fvp4000t would make more sense than a H3 assuming it'll work as client/server, but even this isn't clear.

Not too sure if you've tried the fvp4000t and H3 connected purely via ethernet cable. If you have and the problems still exist then there's not much hope really. We could really do with a bit more input from H3 owners here.

| Sun 8 Jan 2017 10:09:55 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

Janandsteve, are you using the "Humax Media Player" or the "Live TV+" app to watch recordings?

I have just checked my h3 and don't appear to be having the same problem on either "apps".

| Sun 8 Jan 2017 14:05:58 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

janandsteve

Thank you both for your feedback. I have tried hard wired and this makes no difference, and tried another network completely, thus 'eliminating' this as the problem. The iPad app doesn't do HD, so I cannot really check this.

I have tried both media player and the tv+ app and the problem exists on both. Luddym - could you please confirm settings on both boxes, when you get time? Many thanks.

Steve

| Sun 8 Jan 2017 14:16:03 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

h3 is just default (it was factory reset a few days ago), connected via WiFi.

4000t is connected via ethernet, network server on, server activation time off. File server on, FTP server on.

I don't think any of this will matter, to be honest.

However, if you want another - albeit slightly more complicated option - you could install the Kodi app on your h3, add your 4000t as a source and use that to watch your recordings. This is what I used, as neither live TV+ or Humax media player worked great for me overall.

| Sun 8 Jan 2017 14:24:23 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

janandsteve

Luddym - 7 hours ago  » 
    h3 is just default (it was factory reset a few days ago), connected via WiFi.
    4000t is connected via ethernet, network server on, server activation time off. File server on, FTP server on.
    I don't think any of this will matter, to be honest.
    However, if you want another - albeit slightly more complicated option - you could install the Kodi app on your h3, add your 4000t as a source and use that to watch your recordings. This is what I used, as neither live TV+ or Humax media player worked great for me overall.

Many thanks. My 4000t is connected via wifi and I have server activation on and set to 04:00-03:59 so that I can access the 4000t as a server even when it is switched to standby. I did try my 4000t hard wired to my router but this made no difference.

Could you please explain how to load Kodi onto my H3. Many thanks again. Steve

| Sun 8 Jan 2017 21:42:45 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Luddym - 11 hours ago  » 
    you could install the Kodi app on your h3, add your 4000t as a source and use that to watch your recordings.

Hi Luddym,

purely out of interest, will Kodi on the H3 stream HD from the fvp4000t

| Mon 9 Jan 2017 1:30:09 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

damian - 21 hours ago  » 

Luddym - 11 hours ago  » 
    you could install the Kodi app on your h3, add your 4000t as a source and use that to watch your recordings.

Hi Luddym,
    purely out of interest, will Kodi on the H3 stream HD from the fvp4000t

Unfortunately, HD recordings are not playable. They show up as 0kb files, where the SD show their actual file size.

Kodi can't stream Live channels for SD or HD. It used to be able to, but a 4000t update removed that ability.

| Mon 9 Jan 2017 22:42:47 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.