My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Problems with H3 box

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Luddym - 2 hours ago
    Unfortunately, HD recordings are not playable. They show up as 0kb files, where the SD show their actual file size.
    Kodi can't stream Live channels for SD or HD. It used to be able to, but a 4000t update removed that ability.

Thanks for the info Luddym, it's useful to know.
    Bizarre is still the only word that springs to mind when I think of the H3. I'd like to think that future software releases will fix things for H3 and fvp4000t owners. I can't see myself getting a H3 anytime soon though.

| Tue 10 Jan 2017 2:01:11 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

janandsteve - 1 day ago  » 

Luddym - 7 hours ago  » 
    h3 is just default (it was factory reset a few days ago), connected via WiFi.
    4000t is connected via ethernet, network server on, server activation time off. File server on, FTP server on.
    I don't think any of this will matter, to be honest.
    However, if you want another - albeit slightly more complicated option - you could install the Kodi app on your h3, add your 4000t as a source and use that to watch your recordings. This is what I used, as neither live TV+ or Humax media player worked great for me overall.

Many thanks. My 4000t is connected via wifi and I have server activation on and set to 04:00-03:59 so that I can access the 4000t as a server even when it is switched to standby. I did try my 4000t hard wired to my router but this made no difference.
    Could you please explain how to load Kodi onto my H3. Many thanks again. Steve

I'm not sure you've seen it Steve, but if you check your PM's, the guide is there. I didn't know - as it is not a Humax app - if it allowed to be posted on the forum.

| Tue 10 Jan 2017 12:44:18 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

janandsteve

Luddym - 1 hour ago  » 

janandsteve - 1 day ago  » 

Luddym - 7 hours ago  » 
    h3 is just default (it was factory reset a few days ago), connected via WiFi.
    4000t is connected via ethernet, network server on, server activation time off. File server on, FTP server on.
    I don't think any of this will matter, to be honest.
    However, if you want another - albeit slightly more complicated option - you could install the Kodi app on your h3, add your 4000t as a source and use that to watch your recordings. This is what I used, as neither live TV+ or Humax media player worked great for me overall.

Many thanks. My 4000t is connected via wifi and I have server activation on and set to 04:00-03:59 so that I can access the 4000t as a server even when it is switched to standby. I did try my 4000t hard wired to my router but this made no difference.
    Could you please explain how to load Kodi onto my H3. Many thanks again. Steve

I'm not sure you've seen it Steve, but if you check your PM's, the guide is there. I didn't know - as it is not a Humax app - if it allowed to be posted on the forum.

I'm new to the forum, Paul, so I will read your pm message. Many thanks.

| Tue 10 Jan 2017 14:31:49 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

janandsteve

Many thanks for your assistance via PM, Paul.

For the benefit of everyone else, I finally got a written reply from Humax.....

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this issue you had reported.

We have been able to investigate and replicate the issue and can confirm it is an issue. We will be hopefully be releasing a software update for the H3 to resolve this problem and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Let's see how long it takes......

Thanks.

Steve

| Thu 12 Jan 2017 11:46:36 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

janandsteve

janandsteve - 1 month ago  » 
    We have been able to investigate and replicate the issue and can confirm it is an issue. We will be hopefully be releasing a software update for the H3 to resolve this problem and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.
    Thanks.
    Steve

Chased Humax and they wrote back saying no to a software update for the h3.

"Unfortunately we have found that this would be a limitation of what the H3 can do.

Apologies for not getting back to you on this sooner"

How bad is this? So I am left with a paperweight that won't allow me to access my recordings correctly.

Sales of goods act...... it's not fit for purpose..... anyone have any comments.

Thanks. Steve.

| Fri 10 Mar 2017 11:35:08 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mr_8o8

janandsteve - 8 months ago  » 
    Thanks.
    Steve

Did you hear an answer back on this? or has the problem been solved with the recent updates?

| Wed 13 Sep 2017 9:22:11 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

janandsteve

Mr_8o8 - 49 minutes ago  » 

janandsteve - 8 months ago  » 
    Thanks.
    Steve

Did you hear an answer back on this? or has the problem been solved with the recent updates?

Hi
    Still same issues. Humax in Belfast got sick of me emailing them, so they have blocked my email and now just ignore me. I have never met such a nasty bunch of people. If you have not bought it yet, then DONT, I am stuck with it now, but I have installed Kodi onto the h3 and it accesses sd recorded programs on the 4000t and lets you jump forward and back however many seconds you program it. I guess Humax boys don't realise there time is numbered in the market place... raspberry pi, Kodi with pvr front end, big hdd...... who needs Humax.... time to get that cv updated boys for mcD's..... steve.

| Wed 13 Sep 2017 10:19:59 #17 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

What software version does your H3 have uploaded.

Just tried playing both SD and HD from FVP 4000T and skipping forward and back using the dedicated buttons or highlighting same symbols in timebar works without issue.

| Wed 13 Sep 2017 11:09:44 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

janandsteve

Barry - 5 hours ago  » 
    Just tried playing both SD and HD from FVP 4000T and skipping forward and back using the dedicated buttons or highlighting same symbols in timebar works without issue.

Hi Barry.
    1.26.0 Says latest and up to date.
    Still same jumping issues with all available Humax apps. Ridiculous. Time Humax got their act together. Stick to Kodi app. Allows better fine tuning and stable and doesn't jump around. H3 and 4000t worse purchase I have ever made.... EVER.
    Regards
    Steve

| Wed 13 Sep 2017 16:31:30 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mr_8o8

Barry - 1 day ago  » 

I've not bought one yet, I love the idea of the H3. Theres not much info or reviews about it on the internet so would like to be sure things like this are working a-ok before I ditch the rip off sky!

| Thu 14 Sep 2017 19:00:08 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.