My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Problems with PVR 9300T Advice Welcomed

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

AndyT

I didn't with the old one, my PC is brand new so didn't want to damage it. Can do with the new one (certificated etc), so will try it tomorrow.
    Good point though, if it is dead I'll be kicking myself.
    I will definitely report back on both points, the whole point of the forum is to help each other.

| Fri 7 Oct 2016 20:37:05 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

AndyT - 3 hours ago  » 
    Can do with the new one (certificated etc), so will try it tomorrow.
    Good point though, if it is dead I'll be kicking myself.

It is worth checking. I have had some shockingly bad drives supplied to me as new drives which were very, very secondhand and went straight back whence they came.

| Sat 8 Oct 2016 0:27:31 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

AndyT

Just a quick update.
    Plugged the original drive into an old pc and it powered up straight away. No idea if I will be able to recover anything yet, loads of stuff I'd like to burn to dvd .

Should have the parts Tuesday/Wednesday, good news is that there are only 6 items to replace, and the power supply board is only held in by a couple of screws.
    New parts are much better quality and are guaranteed for 3 years.

Close inspection of the board with a magnifying glass revealed that one capacitor (C14) looks suspect and it is included in the kit.

Going to refresh my soldering skills before starting the repair, as the components are heat sensitive and need to be soldered in 3 secs or so.

| Sat 8 Oct 2016 17:51:53 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

AndyT

Well guys a mare of a week everything I wanted to do just went.........

Finally today my replacement soldering station arrived, along with the parts for my 2 Humax boxes.

I'm no expert at soldering so I took my time, 3 hours later and both my Foxsat-HD and PVR-9300T boxes are working fine.

Parts were:-

Foxsat £8.95
    PVR £9.95
    Delivery £3.85
    + vat
    = £27.30

I also paid a couple of quid for their recommended solder, but you may not need this.

If you want to have a go at repairing your box practice first a lot.
    The new components will only stand heat for a few seconds, so you need a good quality soldering iron, solder etc.

Wish you luck guys, any questions just ask.

Andy

| Fri 14 Oct 2016 20:36:09 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.