My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Problems with timed recordings

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ABell

Can anyone advise me about my Humax PVR-9300T
    For the past 2 weeks, the recording function on this machine is unpredictable.

There was a digital retune about a couple of weeks before that.

It started with those programs with a series link not recording the second episode.
    I did a re-install and retune and the programmed recordings worked for a day, then stopped again.
    Since reading the blogs, I removed the automatic update on the set-up.

Even the record red button would not function with some progs, although it worked with others.
    I redid the programme reservations marking each one individually, not using the series link.

One day, it seemed to be the BBC which was causing probs, another day channel 5.
    Today, it has been both BBC and channel 5.

Is this a mechanical problem with the box, or with the software or with Freeview?

The reserved flags still show on the EPG, but recorder doesn't start.

| Wed 29 May 2013 0:39:01 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ABell - 8 hours ago  » 
    I did a re-install and retune and the programmed recordings worked for a day, then stopped again.

Did you do an automatic retune or a manual retune? If automatic then I would suggest a manual retune using these instructions: Biggles manual tuning FAQ

| Wed 29 May 2013 9:19:27 #2 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

ABell - 8 hours ago  » 

What do you mean by "re-install", do you mean Default Setting? If not then do a Default Setting followed by a Manual Search as suggested by Martin above.

| Wed 29 May 2013 9:41:09 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ABell

Thank you for this help, sorry for the delay in replying - I was out all day and evening yesterday.

I have now done a manual retune as suggested.

I have not tried programmed recording yet, but no programmes will record live using the 'record' button.

Humaxdigital has actually replied to my email sent at the same time as my first post (replies to previous emails in the past took a couple of weeks!)
    They say the only thing to do is to reformat and lose all my saved recordings!! Do you have any less drastic suggestions? Thank you.

| Thu 30 May 2013 13:08:46 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ABell - 4 minutes ago  » 
    I have not tried programmed recording yet, but no programmes will record live using the 'record' button.

They say the only thing to do is to reformat and lose all my saved recordings!! Do you have any less drastic suggestions? Thank you.

I agree with Humax that a format is the only reasonable solution. If you wanted to keep the recordings and were prepared to open the Humax and attach the hard drive to a PC then you could download the recordings using humaxrw and you would then be able to play them on the PC.

| Thu 30 May 2013 13:15:39 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ABell

Thank you - I could do that --- BUT ---

Humaxrw is a Windows or Linux programme and I have a Mac.
    I have 'Googled' for a Mac version of anything similar, but they are all old ones now not available.
    Any Mac people out there?

I have an ElgatoVideoCapture, but that takes longer than real time to copy each file becuase of the set-up time and the failure rate of the recording process, and it ties up the Humax, TV and computer!

| Thu 30 May 2013 14:57:05 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ABell - 29 minutes ago  » 
    I have 'Googled' for a Mac version of anything similar, but they are all old ones now not available.

As far as I know there has never been a humaxrw version for the Mac and nothing else would work for the 9150.

| Thu 30 May 2013 15:29:28 #7 |
  8. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Have you tried HDC (link) which has a Mac version - not sure how similar the filesystem is on the 9300 is to the 9200.
    Alternatively you could try a Live Linux CD/DVD Distro.

| Fri 31 May 2013 8:41:58 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

aldaweb - 39 minutes ago  » 
    Have you tried HDC (link) which has a Mac version - not sure how similar the filesystem is on the 9300 is to the 9200.

How is that going to work? It uses the USB port on the 9200 which is absent on the 9150.

| Fri 31 May 2013 9:22:39 #9 |
  10. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Martin Liddle - 1 day ago  » 

aldaweb - 39 minutes ago  » 

How is that going to work? It uses the USB port on the 9200 which is absent on the 9150.

Sorry Martin, in this instance I think you're mistaken.
    Last time I tried it, it used the USB-IDE mod. It is based on 9200treadfiles. From the HDC pages:

This utility program is based on the work of phew and his program 9200TReadFiles

Perhaps Son_t could clarify

| Sat 1 Jun 2013 11:08:22 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.