My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Problems with timed recordings

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

aldaweb - 1 hour ago  » 
    Sorry Martin, in this instance I think you're mistaken.

Apologies I remembered wrongly. I still think there will be problems as the file system on the 9150/9300 does have subtle changes from the 9200 and humaxrw needed to be modified to work on them and I don't see any mention of the work being done in the release notes for hdc.

| Sat 1 Jun 2013 13:10:44 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ABell

Thank you for all this info.

Today, the timed recordings are actually recording!! Don't know how long that will last.

My machine is the 9300T and it doesn't have a USB socket.

I have had a reply from Humax:- "Unfortunately the PVR-9300T models do not have the ability to retreive recorded programs from them and the hard-drives on which these are stored are using a EXT-3 file structure, which would most likely require specific software to read a Linux partition."

I am taking some recordings off using Elgato Video Capture

| Sun 2 Jun 2013 0:32:04 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ABell - 9 hours ago  » 
    I have had a reply from Humax:- "Unfortunately the PVR-9300T models do not have the ability to retreive recorded programs from them and the hard-drives on which these are stored are using a EXT-3 file structure, which would most likely require specific software to read a Linux partition."

It is shocking that Humax should send you a response that is so technically incorrect. The file system has nothing to do with Linux; it is proprietary and specific to a small number of Humax designs,

| Sun 2 Jun 2013 10:22:27 #13 |
  4. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

ABell - 12 hours ago  » 

My machine is the 9300T and it doesn't have a USB socket.

You would have to open the unit and attach the drive to USB via an adapter or remove the drive and attach to a spare SATA or eSATA port

I am taking some recordings off using Elgato Video Capture

Someone at Humax should definitely get their knuckles rapped for that howler.

| Sun 2 Jun 2013 12:41:33 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.