My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Program guide

(29 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

Maybe it is because my box is not connected to the internet, but when I use the program guide and press the button to show programs that were on earlier there are no programs listed, it is just blank. I am sure when I tried that a couple of months ago I could see programs listed. Any ideas?

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 0:16:17 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Apologies - mistook it for a question about YouView.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 0:53:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

So does anybody have an answer to this problem? Graham!!! Where are you?

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 12:14:13 #3 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Well seeing as the earlier portion of the guide is generated by what's available via the on demand players, I would say it's pretty much a safe bet to assume that it's because you don't have it connected to the internet.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 12:19:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

-gonzo- - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Well seeing as the earlier portion of the guide is generated by what's available via the on demand players, I would say it's pretty much a safe bet to assume that it's because you don't have it connected to the internet.

Thanks gonzo. That is what I was thinking. Just that when I was playing with it just after setting it up last year I feel sure it showed programs in that section.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 12:23:44 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Teb5 - 2 minutes ago  » 

-gonzo- - 2 minutes ago  » 

Thanks gonzo. That is what I was thinking. Just that when I was playing with it just after setting it up last year I feel sure it showed programs in that section.

My HB1000-S does show past programmes available in the players, when the box is not actually connected to the internet.

Whether this might cease to be the case if the box remained offline for a considerable period, I do not know.

With the YouView box, which I mistakenly first thought you were asking about, the previous programmes disappear from the guide almost immediately. But the YouView software is peculiar in many ways.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 12:32:46 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Last time I disconnected my HDR1000s from the router it still had content listed, but that of course was on a earlier firmware.

I will pull the cable to see if any extra content for today arrives later.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 12:40:19 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

At 11:40 on BBC-1 HD catch up today before removing Ethernet cable, situation was

11:45 Real Lives Re-united Available Soon
    11:00 Rip Off Britain Holiday - Available Soon
    10:00 Homes Under The Hammer - Available Soon
    09:15 Wanted Down Under -Watch Now.

Situation hasn't changed, before I re-connect can someone check if any of the available soon status has updated to Watch Now.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 13:34:52 #8 |
  9. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

grahamlthompson - 10 minutes ago  » 
    At 11:40 on BBC-1 HD catch up today before removing Ethernet cable, situation was
    11:45 Real Lives Re-united Available Soon
    11:00 Rip Off Britain Holiday - Available Soon
    10:00 Homes Under The Hammer - Available Soon
    09:15 Wanted Down Under -Watch Now.
    Situation hasn't changed, before I re-connect can someone check if any of the available soon status has updated to Watch Now.

I'm at work at the mo so cannot check until I get home, but there is another thing that could be tried which is to do a default without the Ethernet connected and see if the earlier guide populates.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 13:48:34 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's OK Gonzo, after several hours no change in the status. After re-connecting Ethernet all the above changed to Watch Now and a new Available soon entry arrived. The catch up epg must now need the internet connection.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 14:58:36 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.