My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Program guide

(29 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

JamesB - 4 minutes ago  » 
    The Freeview Guide at http://www.freeview.co.uk/whats-on/tv-guide links directly to catchup. Freesat might consider something similar.
    I've found this discussion interesting and informative. Thanks to those commenting, and to Teb5 for asking the question.

Thanks JamesB and glad this thread has been informative for you.

I know I can go online and check programs, but as my PC is in the office it means that I have to get out of my comfy arm chair to go and check

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 20:22:00 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

grahamlthompson - 16 minutes ago  » 
    You can find what's available by simply using the website of the appropriate catch up service. It will have more entries than freetime does anyway. And you can watch it on your PC/Tablet whatever you are using to post here.

Graham, what are you smoking? I said my box is not connected to the internet and my PC is in another room. Also I am a lazy old bugger Anyway, thanks for your help mate.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 20:25:06 #22 |
  3. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Teb5 - 44 minutes ago  » 

You can find what's available by simply using the website of the appropriate catch up service. It will have more entries than freetime does anyway. And you can watch it on your PC/Tablet whatever you are using to post here.

Graham, what are you smoking? I said my box is not connected to the internet and my PC is in another room. Also I am a lazy old bugger Anyway, thanks for your help mate.

Lol why not just go old school and buy the TV Times or Radio Times?

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 21:10:48 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Teb5 - 1 hour ago  » 

I know that, you said you wanted to know what's in catch up so you could look to see if it is available in future. You don't need the box to do that you can do it all on a PC, and at the same time watch the content as well. Why don't you just connect your HDR box to a internet connection and make the most of having a freetime box (there's some very good free content on youtube (including HD movies)). There's a few ways to do it without wires.

Wireless Bridge
    WiFi Dongle
    Pair of home plug adaptors.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 22:08:51 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Teb5 - 1 hour ago  » 

I know that, you said you wanted to know what's in catch up so you could look to see if it is available in future. You don't need the box to do that you can do it all on a PC, and at the same time watch the content as well. Why don't you just connect your HDR box to a internet connection and make the most of having a freetime box (there's some very good free content on youtube (including HD movies)). There's a few ways to do it without wires.
    Wireless Bridge
    WiFi Dongle
    Pair of home plug adaptors.

You are probably right with that Graham. I will have to look into that, but it does not get away from the fact that I am sure it worked before the current update. As I said, my pc is in another room so going to have a look instead of just using the program guide is a bit of a pain, so it looks like hooking the pc up will be my best option.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 23:13:52 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

-gonzo- - 2 hours ago  » 

Teb5 - 44 minutes ago  » 

Lol why not just go old school and buy the TV Times or Radio Times?

Now why am I not surprised that you came up with a comment like that gonzo Radio Times!!! Damn, do they still print that? I can remember when all that contained was Radio programs

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 23:18:31 #26 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You are probably right with that Graham. I will have to look into that, but it does not get away from the fact that I am sure it worked before the current update.

So am I, have you read my posts. It seems entirely sensible to use only the internet to deliver data you can only really use if you have an internet connection. Restricting the data sent by the freesat epg clearly will improve the response of the epg, I don't know if that is the reason why improved epg response is being reported (sounds more than likely). In this case your small loss is the majorities gain (of course you will also get the improved epg response as well )

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 23:23:35 #27 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Now why am I not surprised that you came up with a comment like that gonzo Radio Times!!! Damn, do they still print that? I can remember when all that contained was Radio programs

I am a subscriber, XMAS present from the wife every year

It's a good read as well as the programme listings. It's a lot easier to open a page to view what's on the (my) popular channels in one view on any day than trying to do it using a restricted view on any electronic device.

Would you like to know what's coming up beyond the current epg reach.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 23:33:51 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

grahamlthompson - 9 minutes ago  » 

You are probably right with that Graham. I will have to look into that, but it does not get away from the fact that I am sure it worked before the current update.

So am I, have you read my posts. It seems entirely sensible to use only the internet to deliver data you can only really use if you have an internet connection. Restricting the data sent by the freesat epg clearly will improve the response of the epg, I don't know if that is the reason why improved epg response is being reported (sounds more than likely). In this case your small loss is the majorities gain (of course you will also get the improved epg response as well )

Yes Graham, I read all your posts and respect your suggestions/comments and yes you are right of course, thank you. Now can I get up off my knees please? the wife is giving me funny looks

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 23:35:30 #29 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.