My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR-9200T 1.00.23 software download?

(29 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Twanky

I subscribed to this forum so I could download the update for the 9200T. The machine I want to update has been in a cupboard for four years and prior to that had always been turned off when not in use overnight - so it is running 1.00.10 and never updated itself... Thanks for responding to my registration request so promptly.

Why would Humax withdraw the firmware from their own website? I really don't understand.

I'll follow up with a status update when I've tried this on my hummy.

Thanks again.

| Wed 29 Jul 2015 20:52:20 #11 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Twanky - 2 hours ago  » 
    Why would Humax withdraw the firmware from their own website? I really don't understand.

Me neither. It's not as if their own legacy software will take up much server space, it's like they want to disassociate themselves from their earlier models.

| Wed 29 Jul 2015 22:57:13 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

sceedy

I joined this forum to be able to download this update as I do not believe there is going to be an over the air update in 2018. Thanks for registering me quickly.

| Tue 30 Jan 2018 17:41:49 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

sceedy - 51 minutes ago  » 
    I joined this forum to be able to download this update as I do not believe there is going to be an over the air update in 2018.

Have you found the 1.00.23 software? If not send me a Private message and I will send you a Dropbox link to download it.

| Tue 30 Jan 2018 18:34:17 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

sceedy

Thanks for the offer, the links at the start of this topic still work fine.

Going off topic, the firmware was not my problem. I looked on the status page and my origional version was 1.0.10. After using the flashing program linked to by this topic, I ended up with 1.0.23. The most difficult part was tracking down a null modem. I fitted an ATA to SATA hardware only adaptor and tried an 80GB, 160GB and 1T drive. The 80GB drive caused the 9200T to "hang" with ---- on the lhs of the display. The other 2 asked if I wanted to format but ended up with 140GB of usable space. I recorded 48 hours of programs and managed to do both way xfer to a PC with both drives. I was hopeing that after the upgrade the 1T would show more usable space, but this did not happen! Such is life when you hack (in the ethical sense of the word i.e. modify tech).

My goal is to fit an SSD i.e. remove the only moving part so there is nothing to wear out any more. 1Ts did not exist when the unit was manufactured so I will try a second hand 500G from somewhere as they are only around £10 to see if it is the software not understanding the disk capacity of something far bigger than it was expecting. If it understands the 500G it will be worth spending the extra on a larger SSD (Solid State Drive) otherwise I am only looking for a 160G.

| Sat 3 Feb 2018 19:43:37 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sceedy - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks for the offer, the links at the start of this topic still work fine.
    Going off topic, the firmware was not my problem. I looked on the status page and my origional version was 1.0.10. After using the flashing program linked to by this topic, I ended up with 1.0.23. The most difficult part was tracking down a null modem. I fitted an ATA to SATA hardware only adaptor and tried an 80GB, 160GB and 1T drive. The 80GB drive caused the 9200T to "hang" with ---- on the lhs of the display. The other 2 asked if I wanted to format but ended up with 140GB of usable space. I recorded 48 hours of programs and managed to do both way xfer to a PC with both drives. I was hopeing that after the upgrade the 1T would show more usable space, but this did not happen! Such is life when you hack (in the ethical sense of the word i.e. modify tech).
    My goal is to fit an SSD i.e. remove the only moving part so there is nothing to wear out any more. 1Ts did not exist when the unit was manufactured so I will try a second hand 500G from somewhere as they are only around £10 to see if it is the software not understanding the disk capacity of something far bigger than it was expecting. If it understands the 500G it will be worth spending the extra on a larger SSD (Solid State Drive) otherwise I am only looking for a 160G.

There might not be a moving part, but each and every memory location on a SSD has a finite number of write and read operations. It's possible by clever manipulation to spread the read/write operations across the disk.

The time shift buffer on a PVR is constantly writing the current viewed programme content. That alone will eventually wear out a SSD long before a conventional sata HDD will have issues.

SSD's are great for storing rapid access to Operating Systems like Windows, where changes compared to those associated with a pvr are small.

My 2008 Foxsat-HDR has it's 1TB drive installed in 2008 and is still used everyday.

In a PVR application the extra speed adds nothing to the response time of the box. Even the lowest speed drives are more than fast enough to satisfy multiple HD stream recordings and playback multiple recordings at the same time.

Consider USB2.0 is fast enough to record two HD streams and playback a HD recording at the same time.

| Sat 3 Feb 2018 21:28:25 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

sceedy - 2 hours ago  » 
    The other 2 asked if I wanted to format but ended up with 140GB of usable space.

There is a finite disk size limit for the 9200T and I think it is about 500GB so if you only ended up with 140GB from a 1TB drive something is wrong and my best guess would be the ATA to SATA adapter? What type is it please?

I certainly would not advise you to spend money on an SSD drive for a 9200T. You won't get any speed benefit and the life will be finite. More importantly there are much better Humax boxes than the 9200T which these days struggles with insufficient RAM if tuned to a full set of multiplexes. Get a secondhand HDR-FOX T2 which is a much more competent PVR.

| Sat 3 Feb 2018 22:13:25 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

sceedy

I have delayed replying because every time I do this discussion goes even more off topic. The responses are almost too helpfull.

To answer the questions :-
    I do understand the SSD's block write limitations, but they are silent, which is a big advantage for a bedroom. The hum from an overnight recording wakes me about 1 time in 5, hence people talking about a hummy hummy!
    The advice about the HDR-FOX T2 being better for what I want is spot on. I have been reading the manual, posts etc. and will post a list of unanswered questions when I am happy that a rtfw response would be unjustified.
    I got the usable space I expected when I borrowed a 320G and 500G drive.
    The SATA to IDE adapter is the sort that plugs into the drive from ebay e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pro-PATA-IDE-TO-SATA-Converter-Adapter-Plug-Play-7-15-Pin-3-5-2-5-SATA-DVD-VM/202071106873?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649. They have no manufacturer or part number markings on them and I have never had any problems with them even in a win 3.11 pc and a surveylance system.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

| Fri 9 Feb 2018 19:36:49 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sceedy - 2 minutes ago  » 
    I have delayed replying because every time I do this discussion goes even more off topic. The responses are almost too helpfull.
    To answer the questions :-
    I do understand the SSD's block write limitations, but they are silent, which is a big advantage for a bedroom. The hum from an overnight recording wakes me about 1 time in 5, hence people talking about a hummy hummy!
    The advice about the HDR-FOX T2 being better for what I want is spot on. I have been reading the manual, posts etc. and will post a list of unanswered questions when I am happy that a rtfw response would be unjustified.
    I got the usable space I expected when I borrowed a 320G and 500G drive.
    The SATA to IDE adapter is the sort that plugs into the drive from ebay e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pro-PATA-IDE-TO-SATA-Converter-Adapter-Plug-Play-7-15-Pin-3-5-2-5-SATA-DVD-VM/202071106873?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649. They have no manufacturer or part number markings on them and I have never had any problems with them even in a win 3.11 pc and a surveylance system.
    Thanks for all your help and advice.

Locate the HDR-FOX-T2 outside the bedroom. Install the CF and use a silent android box with a DLNA client to stream it's recordings to a bedroom TV. Alternatively locate the box at any point with a aerial and connect to a bedroom TV with a cat single cat 6 cable and a pair of baluns with IR return built in.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-HDMI-Extender-Single-Control/dp/B013T58Z5O/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&tag=blusas008-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1518205484&sr=1-2&keywords=neet+cat+6+hdmi+extender+with+infra+red&dpID=410PLrNMgML&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

If you want to install by the main TV use the model with the built in HDMI splitter and connect it to the main TV as well.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-HDMI-Extender-Single-Control/dp/B013T5IQH6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&tag=blusas008-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1518205484&sr=1-1&keywords=neet+cat+6+hdmi+extender+with+infra+red&dpID=41ujH4lP9dL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

| Fri 9 Feb 2018 19:46:03 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Erich

Thank you so much for the firmware and loader software. I found an old Humax 9200T in the loft and discovered its still on firmware from 2007. I tuned it in to an old analogue TV but there is no sound and some channels just will not diaplay probably due to the signal coding change.

I will attempt to upgrade the firmware and loader later. Cheers!

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 18:43:05 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.