My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR-9200T 1.00.23 software download?

(29 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Erich

When downloading the firmware and laoder files I keep getting message "file incomplete" then the download restarts.

Anyone have the files available that can be downloaded please. Thanks.

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 19:59:16 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

robgsr

An email I received in 2014. Files are mirrored here for 7 days - https://we.tl/t-8Vg1bsq7jH

(I am OP of this thread)

Dear Rob,

Thank you for contacting Humax Support.

Please accept my apologies for the delay in response to your email query, unfortunately we have experienced a large number of contacts which has concluded with a backlog and increased response times.

To update your unit using a serial connection you will need a Serial Cable (RS232 Female to Female), A Computer with a Serial Connection and the Humax you wish to update, also the software found attached.

Please Note:Updating with a USB adapter is possible, please see information towards the end of the email BEFORE following the instructions bellow;

To install the software onto the Humax unit you will need the download the transfer tool; WDN4OAK+ this can be found at the link below.

http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freeview-sd

Once you have the zipped file downloaded you will need to extract its contents to your computer, do this by right clicking the file and choosing to extract;

Once the file has been extracted open the folder and run the Setup.exe by double clicking the file shown;

You should be presented with the installation just follow the on screen steps to complete this and install the programme to your PC (Please make sure your administrator to avoid any restrictions)

Once the software has been installed please open your start menu, find the programme and run it,

Once you have the software running please press the Folder icon to locate the software;

You then need to find the software and open the file that you would have downloaded earlier from the website;

Once you have opened the file you need to have the Computer connected to your Humax with the RS232 cable, your Humax should be powered OFF at this point, the unit will need to be plugged in but an aerial or scart cable isn’t needed, when you have the unit connected up fully press the DOWNLOAD button on the computer software;

When you have done this you need to power on the Humax and you should begin to see the update progress on the PC and the front of the unit (if it has a LCD display)

Once the software update is complete your unit will display END and the downloader will disappear from the PC leaving the WDN4OAK tool, just power off the Humax, disconnect the RS232 cable and reconnect the unit back to your TV,

You should now have an updated unit; your software version can be checked by going into the Humax;

Menu > System > Status

Please Note:Only follow these instructions if you wish to update using USB, These steps must be followed before those above;

If you want to update using a USB cable then you will need an RS232 cable and an adapter;

Once you have an adapter plug it into your PC and you should get an installation wizard appear;

Follow the on screen steps to install this software, if you are provided with a disk for this adapter you should install the drivers from here,

Once you have all the drivers installed you will need to check the port and bit rate, firstly go into the start menu and right click on my computer choosing properties;

Once in the properties menu choose the hardware tab at the top of the menu and click on the Device Manager option;

Once you have opened the device manager you will need to expand the PORTS option and right click on the USB-to-Serial Port and choose properties;

Once you have the properties open you will need to choose the port settings tab at the top of the menu, then choose the “Bits per second” option and change it to “115200”;

After doing this choose the ADVANCED option on the menu;

When you have the advanced menu in front of you change the port setting to PORT1;

Once you have done this OK all the settings and this will have the USB adapter ready, plug in the Serial cable and follow the instructions above.

Best Regards,

John B

Humax Customer Support

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 20:49:04 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

robgsr

Edit: removed duplicate post

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 21:21:22 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Erich

Hi Rob, Many thanks for the info and links to the downloads.
    I have downloaded the files, have resurrected an old laptop with a serial port I used for cisco configurations and a USB to serial adapter. I will make an attempt at the upgrade later this week.

Much appreciated, cheers.

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 22:19:18 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

robgsr

No problem at all. I am glad you were able to snag the wetransfer files before they expired. This forum rejected the files when I tried to upload them here. All the best.

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 22:28:15 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Erich - 14 mins ago  » 
    I have downloaded the files, have resurrected an old laptop with a serial port I used for cisco configurations and a USB to serial adapter. I will make an attempt at the upgrade later this week.

Can I politely suggest you use flash900 to do the upgrade rather than the dire WDN4OAK+ , I write Flash9200 as so many people were struggling. It is freeware and can be downloaded from https://tynecomp.co.uk/flash9200.html

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 22:36:54 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

robgsr

Ah yes sorry about that Martin, as I was quoting the email from Humax verbatim I felt it made sense to include the software that they referred to a well. No offense intended or taken.

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 22:41:54 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

robgsr - 13 mins ago  » 
    Ah yes sorry about that Martin, as I was quoting the email from Humax verbatim I felt it made sense to include the software that they referred to a well. No offense intended or taken.

I don't take any offence; just offering an alternative that has helped a fair number of people.

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 22:56:49 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Erich

Hi Rob,
    finally managed to upgrade the firmware on my 9200T. Had to purchase a replacement female to female serial crossover cable as couldn't locate my old one. The XP laptop I have doesn't have a serial port so had to use a U232-P9 USB to serial converter. Tried on Win10 but it doesn't like serial port converters so back to XP, Putty and COM1. Got a connection, ran flash 9200 software, updated the firmware. BINGO! All sorted. Rebooted, set Humax for Pal G rescanned channels, video and sound perfect. Thanks very much for your help.

| Wed 17 Feb 2021 0:36:05 #29 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.