My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

pvr9150t skipping/not recorded

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

abarthman

Got skipping once or twice during playback on recordings of BBC4's The Bridge (eps 9 and 10) from Saturday night (19/5).

Recorded ep10 again last night (22/5)to see whether if it would skip at the same scene again very near the end, but it played fine.

| Wed 23 May 2012 11:29:06 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

maggiemay

Skipping on recorded BBC programmes still a problem for us on the 9300T - has anyone found a solution yet? I know it was a major problem for American Dad / Family Guy watchers, we don't watch them but have had problems with Shadow Line (wrote to BBC on this and they said nothing to do with them / try re-tuning) then last week with Murder, and again with New Tricks. I don't think its anything to do with recording on standby. Humax say re-tune, which I'll do but not convinced it will make any difference. If that doesn't work then we have to re-format the HD which would wipe all our recordings. They say its a new problem that no-one has previously reported which I know isn't true. Any advice?

| Fri 7 Sep 2012 15:23:21 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BobM001

We have just bought a new 9300T and immediately had problems recording some BBC programmes. We returned the first box thinking that it was faulty but the replacement is exactly the same. We have had problems with Family Guy, the credits on Dr Who, Murder and New Tricks. I have tried to contact Humax for their comments but so far no reply but I will keep trying. If it is not sorted by the end of the week then we will have to send it back as not fit for purpose. This does seem to be a ridiculous situation. Why are they selling a box for recording TV programmes that doesn't play all of them back properly? At the very least they should be open about this and if there is a solution then be very clear about what to do.

| Tue 11 Sep 2012 12:37:26 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

BobM001

Ok. An update. Humax did get back and suggested as others have mentioned the manual tune process and also said that they were aware of the problem with Family Guy and were working with the BBC on the problem. It was difficult to track down so is taking time. So I have tried the retune and am trying to evaluate the situation now. I think we were unlucky in the selection of programmes we first recorded. 4 out 5 had the skipping problem. Since doing the retune the only problem so far has been one section of a Family Guy (the Peter's Irish Dad one) and the rest have been fine. We haven't recorded many programmes but fingers crosses it does seem to be better. That said it is weird that the supplier was not told about the potential problem and a possible way to fix it. That would have saved us sending back the first machine which in fact is probably OK.

| Fri 14 Sep 2012 16:31:46 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

maggiemay

Update from here too. Retuned yesterday because of the message about the EPG changes and it has made no difference to the skipping problem. We just watched Parades End, BBC 4 on delay, ie having paused live tv, and it skipped during the programme and at the end and thru the credits. A shame, fortunately didn't miss anything important this time unlike when we watched Murder. Very annoying.

| Fri 21 Sep 2012 22:49:03 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.