My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR9300 No sound with HDMI

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jima

I fear I am onto a loser here. I've just bought a new Panasonic Viera TV (TX40CX680B). When I connect my PVR9300 using an HDMI connection I get a great picture but no sound. If I do a Scart connection I get sound but an inferior picture. I've done a reset on the Humax and sound certainly isn't set to muted. If I use the same HDMI cable to connect my laptop the sound works fine. In other words it looks like the cable is good and the TV HDMI port is good and the problem seems to lie with the PVR9300. I'd be happy to receive an explanation, even happier to get a solution, other than buying a new hard disc recorder.

| Wed 16 Mar 2016 17:32:55 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jima - 14 minutes ago  » 
    When I connect my PVR9300 using an HDMI connection I get a great picture but no sound.

Have you tried turning the volume on the Humax remote up to maximum?

| Wed 16 Mar 2016 17:48:11 #2 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Martin Liddle - 4 hours ago  » 

Jima - 14 minutes ago  » 
    When I connect my PVR9300 using an HDMI connection I get a great picture but no sound.

Have you tried turning the volume on the Humax remote up to maximum?

I believe the Humax 9300 volume control does not work via the HDMI output, the level is always Maximum.

| Wed 16 Mar 2016 21:58:34 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jima

Thanks both for that suggestion. I'm afraid I already tried that after it was suggested by Richer Sounds, who supplied the TV. There are two HDMI settings on the TV but changing them doesn't make any difference.

| Thu 17 Mar 2016 8:45:09 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.