My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR9300T keeps rebooting

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cat lady

Hi All

I have a PVR9300T which has worked fine until recently. It is now seemingly stuck in a cycle of constantly rebooting. When switched on it displays the model number on the box and loader application a4.40 appears on the tv screen as normal. Once loaded it briefly flashes on to 'please wait', then the name of the tv channel appears on the box, the tv screen goes black and the box immediately reboots and the whole cycle starts again.

After reading some similar posts, I've tried switching off and on as well as unplugging the box for an extended period. It still won't stop rebooting.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I really don't want to lose eveything that is on the disc if at all possible.

| Fri 14 Jul 2017 16:34:54 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

cat lady - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have a PVR9300T which has worked fine until recently. It is now seemingly stuck in a cycle of constantly rebooting. When switched on it displays the model number on the box and loader application a4.40 appears on the tv screen as normal. Once loaded it briefly flashes on to 'please wait', then the name of the tv channel appears on the box, the tv screen goes black and the box immediately reboots and the whole cycle starts again.
    After reading some similar posts, I've tried switching off and on as well as unplugging the box for an extended period. It still won't stop rebooting.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

Have you tried unplugging the aerial and booting the box up with the aerial not connected. If that gives you control then do a reset to default settings. Then put the box into standby, turn off the power, connect the aerial, wait for 10 seconds and start the box again. If it now boots normally do another reset to default settings.

| Fri 14 Jul 2017 17:46:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

cat lady

Hi Martin,

Thanks for that - I have now tried unplugging the aerial but it's still doing the same thing. Whilst switched on it's constantly rebooting and I have no control.

Is there anything else I can try?

| Fri 14 Jul 2017 21:04:43 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

cat lady - 23 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for that - I have now tried unplugging the aerial but it's still doing the same thing. Whilst switched on it's constantly rebooting and I have no control.
    Is there anything else I can try?

If you are prepared to open the box yes. The next thing to try would be to disconnecting the hard drive and see if when powered up without a hard drive the box doesn't reboot. NB only do anything inside the box with the box disconnected from the mains supply.

| Fri 14 Jul 2017 21:31:03 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

cat lady

Ok, thank you. I will try that tomorrow and let you know!

| Fri 14 Jul 2017 21:41:55 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

cat lady

Hi Martin

Have disconnected the disc via the SATA cable at the motherboard end and now have control. I've been able to reset to default settings and when the aerial is in, tv stations can be accessed.

When I reconnected the SATA cable with the aerial disconnected I could see my recordings listed, however when I tried to play them the box went back into its reboot cycle.

After recovery, the disc was found to be 100% full so I deleted a couple of programmes, but it hasn't made any difference - I still can't play back any recordings. Also with aerial and disc connected at the same time, I can't watch the tv either - it just goes back to rebooting.

Has the disc become corrupted? Any ideas?

| Sat 15 Jul 2017 16:31:53 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

cat lady - 2 hours ago  » 
    Have disconnected the disc via the SATA cable at the motherboard end and now have control. I've been able to reset to default settings and when the aerial is in, tv stations can be accessed.

Good that demonstrates the box itself is OK.

When I reconnected the SATA cable with the aerial disconnected I could see my recordings listed, however when I tried to play them the box went back into its reboot cycle.

Not so good.

After recovery, the disc was found to be 100% full so I deleted a couple of programmes, but it hasn't made any difference - I still can't play back any recordings. Also with aerial and disc connected at the same time, I can't watch the tv either - it just goes back to rebooting.
    Has the disc become corrupted? Any ideas?

It is hard to be sure. There is a known problem where the file used to cache the TV guide becomes corrupt. If you are prepared to connect the Humax drive to a Windows (or Linux) computer (using a USB to SATA adaptor or a USB Drive caddy) you may be able to fix the problem or to download your recordings to the PC and with luck copy them back to the Humax after formatting the drive.

| Sat 15 Jul 2017 19:15:03 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

cat lady

Yes, I can connect the drive to my Windows computer although I will have to get an adaptor. Once I've connected it, what do I do then?

| Sat 15 Jul 2017 19:54:28 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

cat lady - 16 hours ago  » 
    Yes, I can connect the drive to my Windows computer although I will have to get an adaptor. Once I've connected it, what do I do then?

down load Humaxrw from https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/humaxrw (links are at the bottom of the post).

Open a command prompt with administrative privileges and the type the command:

humaxrw 1: -l

Note that is humaxrw numeric one colon space dash lower case L.

If that does not produce a list of files then try

humaxrw 2: -l

incrementing the number until you get a list of files (Typicaly it will be in the range (2 to but it depends on the exact configuration of your PC.

Once you have got a list of files, issue the command

humaxrw x: -Z

substituting the number you found above for x. This command deletes the cached epg data which might be your problem.

Replace the drive in the Humax and see if it now works. If it doesn't then the best way forward is to copy off all the files using humaxrw and then format the drive and then copy the files back. There is a recent detailed explanation of how to do this in this thread https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/restoring-recordings-and-list-to-humax-pvr-9200t

| Sun 16 Jul 2017 12:30:09 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

cat lady

Removed disc from humax and installed in a usb 2.0 caddy. Downloaded humax check and r/w utilities. Ran as administrator from a cmd line. Tried drives 0:, 1: and 2:- all of which say permission denied. Drives 2: through 9: give no such file or directory.

Does the SATA disc need to be physically installed in the host pc?

| Sun 16 Jul 2017 15:59:16 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.