My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR9300T keeps rebooting

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

cat lady - 17 minutes ago  » 
    Removed disc from humax and installed in a usb 2.0 caddy. Downloaded humax check and r/w utilities. Ran as administrator from a cmd line. Tried drives 0:, 1: and 2:- all of which say permission denied. Drives 2: through 9: give no such file or directory.

It sounds to me as though you are running as an administrator but not with administrative privileges. What version of Windows are you using?

| Sun 16 Jul 2017 16:18:24 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

cat lady

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

| Sun 16 Jul 2017 17:02:54 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

cat lady - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I don't have a Windows 7 box in front of me but you need to do something like work through from the start button to find the Command prompt and then rather than left clicking it , right click and select "run with administrative privileges".

| Sun 16 Jul 2017 17:13:36 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

cat lady

Ah. I see. Probably won't be able to do much now until later in the week, however, I have temporarily installed a different hard drive into the humax and it seems to be working ok, although a little noisier than the original one.

I have read some other posts about people having problems with new hard drives - is there anything I need to look out for? Should it be a particular spec?

| Mon 17 Jul 2017 16:00:22 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

cat lady - 2 hours ago  » 
    I have read some other posts about people having problems with new hard drives - is there anything I need to look out for? Should it be a particular spec?

I don't see any evidence at the moment that your drive needs replacement. At worst it might need formatting on the PC to force the Humax to format it.

If you were to decide to fit a new drive then ideally it needs to be a drive designed for PVR usage. If you use a drive designed for general PC usage you run the risk of stuttering play back. Something like this would be suitable Link to span.com

| Mon 17 Jul 2017 18:27:45 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

cat lady

Ok, thanks. The new drive is just a temporary measure while I get my original one sorted - I was hoping I might be able to retrieve some of the recordings, but that remains to be seen I guess!

After putting the temp drive in yesterday, I set it to record a couple of programmes in order to test it. It was working fine and playback seemed ok. I've just checked on it now and I noticed that the clock has lost 1 hour and it hasn't recorded a programme I had set it to record this evening. I'd left it in standby overnight (which I don't usually do - it's usually just left on). Is there a reason it has failed to record? Could it be something to do with the new drive (which, incidentally is probably designed for PC usage)?

| Mon 17 Jul 2017 21:02:36 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

cat lady

Ps. Once I switched it on, the clock reset to the correct time within a few moments.

| Mon 17 Jul 2017 21:03:48 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

cat lady - 1 hour ago  » 
    After putting the temp drive in yesterday, I set it to record a couple of programmes in order to test it. It was working fine and playback seemed ok. I've just checked on it now and I noticed that the clock has lost 1 hour and it hasn't recorded a programme I had set it to record this evening. I'd left it in standby overnight (which I don't usually do - it's usually just left on). Is there a reason it has failed to record?

I have never owned a 9300T so can't be sure. On the 9200T I experimented with a Western Digital drive rather than the standard Seagate drive. It would record fine if it was on but wouldn't reliably come out of standby. I put it down to the drive not being ready within the time window that the Humax expected (which would presumably be based on the time taken by the standard Seagate drive). Your problem sounds similar but hard to be sure.

| Mon 17 Jul 2017 22:21:34 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

cat lady

The drive I took out of my humax is a Western Digital, so if I did need to replace it, would I be better off getting the same rather than the Seagate one?

| Mon 17 Jul 2017 22:42:41 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

cat lady - 29 minutes ago  » 
    The drive I took out of my humax is a Western Digital, so if I did need to replace it, would I be better off getting the same rather than the Seagate one?

I was talking about a 9200T which came as standard with a Seagate drive. There is nothing inherently wrong with western Digital drives; it is just that you need to find a drive which is acceptable to the 9300T and preferably which is optimised for PVR usage. What make and model of drive was fitted to your 9300T as standard?

| Mon 17 Jul 2017 23:15:23 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.