My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR9300T Screen Freeze

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

stuarthumax

I recently bought an ex display PVR9300T from a John Lewis outlet store. The picture freezes every 10 seconds or so and then jumps on every channel. I have previously used a Goodmans PVR on the same aerial socket with no problems. I've tried reinstating the factory default setting, deleting all channels and manually tuning to no avail. Is these symptoms something which can be repaired or should I simply ask for a refund? Any thoughts appreciated.

| Tue 21 Jan 2014 18:27:12 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

stuarthumax - 1 hour ago  » 
    I recently bought an ex display PVR9300T from a John Lewis outlet store. The picture freezes every 10 seconds or so and then jumps on every channel. I have previously used a Goodmans PVR on the same aerial socket with no problems.

What is the signal strength and quality as reported by the Humax?

| Tue 21 Jan 2014 19:40:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

stuarthumax

Hi Martin,
    Thanks for the quick response.
    I've checked the signal strength and quality on a couple of the main channels.
    Channel 49 has a consistent Signal Strength of 75 but the Quality alternates every few seconds between 50 and 100 (a few instances of 40.
    Channel 44 has a consistent Signal Strength of 74 but the Quality alternates every few seconds between 50 and 100 (a few instances of 40.
    Could this be the problem and if so would an aerial amplifier help? As it happens, I have one from a previous home but need an extra aerial lead. I'll buy one at lunchtime and recheck the results.

Many thanks.
    Stuart

| Wed 22 Jan 2014 12:04:19 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

stuarthumax - 17 minutes ago  » 
    I've checked the signal strength and quality on a couple of the main channels.
    Channel 49 has a consistent Signal Strength of 75 but the Quality alternates every few seconds between 50 and 100 (a few instances of 40.
    Channel 44 has a consistent Signal Strength of 74 but the Quality alternates every few seconds between 50 and 100 (a few instances of 40.
    Could this be the problem and if so would an aerial amplifier help?

75% signal strength should be more than adequate and I would expect adding amplification would make things worse. The quality should be steady at 100%. What transmitter is the box tuned to and how far from the transmitter are you?

| Wed 22 Jan 2014 12:25:27 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

stuarthumax

Hi Martin,
    The box is tuned to the Mendip transmitter as recommended on the digitaluk website. This predicts Good coverage. Mendip is about 15-20 miles away as the crow flies.

Cheers

Stuart

| Wed 22 Jan 2014 12:48:36 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

stuarthumax - 34 minutes ago  » 
    The box is tuned to the Mendip transmitter as recommended on the digitaluk website. This predicts Good coverage. Mendip is about 15-20 miles away as the crow flies.

OK the signal strength sounds reasonable then. I suggest carefully checking the cabling for any badly made joints or kinks (the Humax is more sensitive to these than other boxes for some reason I don't understand) or for potential sources of interference. If you can't find anything, then unless anybody else has a better idea, I would send it back as faulty.

| Wed 22 Jan 2014 13:26:37 #6 |
  7. brian

brian

special member

Perhaps it would be worth seeing if you could try the box at a friends/neighbours/family members house to see if it still misbehaves with a different aerial and environment.

| Wed 22 Jan 2014 14:58:38 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.