My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Question about manually tuning when asked to retun

(37 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

eddleetham - 2 hours ago  » 
    Sorry, I misread the chart. The number under S is 96, which is presumably something to do with signal strength, so very good.

Agreed it ought to work.

So why am I getting zero signal on COM7 ? Very strange.

How far from Winter Hill are you?

| Wed 26 Aug 2020 13:14:42 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

eddleetham

About 50 miles away, but more or less line of sight with signal strength of 85%.

| Wed 26 Aug 2020 13:29:24 #32 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

eddleetham - 25 mins ago  » 
    About 50 miles away, but more or less line of sight with signal strength of 85%.

COM 7 is a lower power compared to the other mux. Additionally it's a SFN (Single Frequency Network). It's possible you have another transmitter in range using the same frequency.

| Wed 26 Aug 2020 13:57:22 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

eddleetham

There's Sutton Coldfield, but that's in the opposite direction, and Moel y Parc. I could understand if the box was showing low signal, but zero signal? That's weird.

I've just plugged the aerial lead straight into my TV and find I can receive COM7, albeit at a slightly lower power. So the problem is with the Humax. On another forum someone claimed it was caused by HDMI leads interfering with the aerial lead, and they fixed it by changing to either longer or shorter HDMI leads or by adding ferrite beads. So I guess more investigation is needed...

| Wed 26 Aug 2020 14:08:27 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

eddleetham - 5 hours ago  » 

Do you have an amplifier in the aerial setup?

| Wed 26 Aug 2020 18:33:29 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

eddleetham

No. It's straight into the box and from there to the TV. And no splits to other sockets.

| Wed 26 Aug 2020 22:43:11 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

eddleetham

I had a similar problem with my TV tuner but did as the Freeview techie said and did a retune with the aerial disconnected and then another retune with it connected again. So I now have BBC4 HD on the TV. I did the same with my Humax box but still no joy. If I do a signal check it reports signal strength of around 70% and then after a few seconds it drops to 0%. And keeps on doing it. Very strange. It's the same with other channels on COM7.

If it's working on my TV and not on the box, then could it be a fault with the Humax? Or something else? It's obviously not an aerial fault.

| Fri 16 Oct 2020 14:56:29 #37 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.