My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Question about the Remote - Multi Code / Function

(7 posts)
  1. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

I understand how to change the Remote IR code (to avoid a clash of two boxes), but I need a little more detail if anyone can help.

For an experiment with two boxes, I need to change my original remote IR code to mode 3 without changing the mode on the box.

Then I'll need to change a different box to mode 1 without changing the mode on the Remote.

I don't want to screw anything up while I'm doing this, so if anyone is aware of a safe way of doing it I would love to hear from you.

| Wed 7 Jul 2021 10:22:57 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Safest way for mode 3 change is to power unit(s) in the vicinity off first, or take remote to a different room.

You can only change the unit to mode 1 with a remote so that will also change, if you want to change the remote to a different code afterwards then power all units off beforehand, or take the remote to a different room.

| Wed 7 Jul 2021 11:01:41 #2 |
  3. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

Thanks Barry, just one more quick question, if you don't mind.
    With the box on, if I do the 0 and OK together long press, and don't press a digit will the box display the existing mode without changing it.

| Wed 7 Jul 2021 12:03:29 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

paulrichardson - 2 hours ago  » 
    With the box on, if I do the 0 and OK together long press, and don't press a digit will the box display the existing mode without changing it.

Should do, remote mode change will time out (as indicated by the LED on remote) and no change wil be made.

| Wed 7 Jul 2021 14:22:59 #4 |
  5. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

Thanks.

| Wed 7 Jul 2021 14:53:00 #5 |
  6. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

Barry - 6 days ago  » 

paulrichardson - 2 hours ago  » 

Should do, remote mode change will time out (as indicated by the LED on remote) and no change wil be made.

Hi again,

All worked exactly as you said.

I've had one more problem, which is getting my One For All to work on mode 3, (I've tried the "COPY" function, but it doesn't work very well).

The nice One For All customer support department are going to make some new Codes to match the other Humax modes.

I'm posting my original remote to them and they are going to extract the different modes and generate new codes.

It's going to take a month or so, but when they've finished I'll post their new codes on here.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with two Humax boxes and a One For All remote.

| Wed 14 Jul 2021 11:23:03 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

paulrichardson - 6 days ago  » 
    I've had one more problem, which is getting my One For All to work on mode 3, (I've tried the "COPY" function, but it doesn't work very well).
    The nice One For All customer support department are going to make some new Codes to match the other Humax modes.
    I'm posting my original remote to them and they are going to extract the different modes and generate new codes.
    It's going to take a month or so, but when they've finished I'll post their new codes on here.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one with two Humax boxes and a One For All remote.

Thanks
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/using-a-one-for-all-remote-with-two-humax-boxes#post-92068

paulrichardson - 4 hours ago  » 
    As you will be controlling two PVRs the first thing required is to change the DVD mode on your URC to PVR mode.
    1. Hold down the SETUP key, the light will blink twice..
    2. Enter the code 992,the light will blink twice.
    3. Press once the Source dev key (PVR)
    4. Press once the Destination device key (DVD) the light will blink twice.
    5. You can now program a PVR code on DVD.

Here are the codes for the different modes for Humax Model: HDR1100S
    • PVR 2443 (mode 1 default mode)
    • PVR 2967 (mode 2)
    • PVR 2968 (mode 3)
    • PVR 2969 (mode 4)
    • PVR 2970 (mode 5)
    • PVR 2961 (mode 6)

Before you can configure the codes on your URC the codes from Mode 2 through to Mode 6 need to be downloaded into your URC from the link provided below :
    Simpleset.com

Full details for downloading etc are provided on the link, you will need your One For All Remote and it's USB cable.

I understand that these codes only work with URC6430, URC6440, URC7990 and URC7991 Remotes.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/using-a-one-for-all-remote-with-two-humax-boxes#post-92068

| Tue 20 Jul 2021 14:37:17 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.