My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Random restarts

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wormy

Been suffering from random reboots. Can be watching a recording or fast forwarding or watching a streaming service and it reboots. Is there any logging I can look at

| Sun 22 May 2022 13:51:34 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

See this other thread:

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/random-shutdown-and-reboot

Advice from Humax support is "Do a factory reset".

| Thu 26 May 2022 22:22:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

MattB1 - 1 hour ago  » 
    See this other thread:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/random-shutdown-and-reboot
    Advice from Humax support is "Do a factory reset".

Unfortunately it’s impossible to not sound sarcastic but this is Humax’s standard response now to EVERY problem/issue.

| Thu 26 May 2022 23:47:24 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

It sure is they need to fix the actual problem to make the product fit for purpose

| Fri 27 May 2022 9:22:42 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Flutty

Hi all, yes I have been having this problem recently, box is set NOT to go into Deep Standby but does so regularly. Last night did this 9 mins into a recording and all recordings stopped. I had already followed Humax advice to do a Factory Reset, which takes a while and you have to keep a record of all the settings etc. But sorry to say this has not solved the problem . . . Another problem I now have is when I switch off the box on the remote it also stops any recordings. Luckily I have a Humax Freesat box as well, which although Old and Slow, still works like a dream

| Sat 16 Jul 2022 13:07:01 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

howarp

Like some other people I suspect that the Aura maybe over heating as the ventilation is only on the bottom of the unit and it sits flush and doesn’t seem to have great cooling. My Aura is also in an enclosed TV unit so I decided to raise the unit by approximately 1 inch on some metal angle brackets to aid cooling.
    So I will see if this reduces or stops these random reboots before I take a lump hammer to it

| Sat 16 Jul 2022 14:48:25 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.