My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Receiver not receiving a signal

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A_ni

Hi all,

My Humax 1100s has all of a sudden stopped receiving a signal and I can't get any channel's. I have ran a signal test and the signals are all good.

Would anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance

| Wed 23 Dec 2020 17:33:29 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A_ni - 27 mins ago  » 
    Hi all,
    My Humax 1100s has all of a sudden stopped receiving a signal and I can't get any channel's. I have ran a signal test and the signals are all good.
    Would anyone have any advice?
    Thanks in advance

What exactly did you do to get a signal test ? What menus have you access to ?

| Wed 23 Dec 2020 18:02:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A_ni

It was in the signal info in settings. It gave me the signal strength which is good but still have no channels.

| Wed 23 Dec 2020 19:46:43 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A_ni - 11 mins ago  » 
    It was in the signal info in settings. It gave me the signal strength which is good but still have no channels.

Without knowing which transponder you were getting the measurement from. That means nothing. Do you have the manual tune option available. '

Freesat totally requires access to the home transponder which is horizontally polarised.

Perhaps start by telling us where you are especially if not in the UK.

If say in France add a rough postcode and the size of your dish.

| Wed 23 Dec 2020 20:02:17 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A_ni

I'll have a look for the manual tune.

I'm located in North East Scotland

| Wed 23 Dec 2020 20:27:49 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A_ni - 17 hours ago  » 
    I'll have a look for the manual tune.
    I'm located in North East Scotland

From memory it's a bit obscure on a Humax G2 box. I can't get at my 1000S at the moment. Much simpler using the older Foxsat-HDR. Even an old Sky- HD box without a card is easier using the add channels option. Do you have or a friend have a disused Sky-HD box you can connect ?

| Thu 24 Dec 2020 14:28:56 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you press the home button and general settings do you see 6 icons with arrow at the right saying more ? With a system settings icon bottom left. If so click on it

Do you now have a list of options with STB mode at the bottom. If so move to it and right to highlight change to non freesat mode and press OK.

Press home again and move to settings. Click on the non freesat icon. Go right to transponder all go down to 10714,H,22000,A. Click OK and down to next and click OK again. set network search off scramble type FTA. Channel type TV. Click OK on start channel search. You should see a box with several channel 4 entries Film 4 etc. Click OK on save channels. enter 5000 on the remote to view channel 4.

If that doesn't work either your lnb or cabling is faulty or maybe your dish has moved in high winds. Could be water has got into the cabling.

| Thu 24 Dec 2020 18:02:50 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Philcummings

I have just returned to France after a year to find Freesat says”the receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak”. Our postcode is 26450 and dish is 90cms diameter.

| Fri 23 Jul 2021 14:01:21 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would have thought 90 cm a tad on the small size for your location, I have 100cm in 32460 (Perchede). However I doubt this is your problem. Possible problems in order of probability are:
    -poor F connector connections at one end (try swapping LNB1 and LND2 connectors.
    -Faulty LNB (they don't last forever, especially in the heat/Sun)
    -Water ingression in the cable.
    -Rodent damage to cable - especially in rural areas.

I always keep a spare LNB here as they are inexpensive.

| Fri 23 Jul 2021 17:12:04 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spider45

I have received a message telling me to check the INPUT button. I cannot find this also my ariel is working OK as my TV works well and is after the HUMAX box. Any idea anyone?

| Mon 19 Sep 2022 19:36:26 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.