My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Record to the Cloud

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

alawlor

My Humax Model HDR-1000S (1Tb) HDD has just gone AWOL. The TV still working okay schedules are there but no recordings. All gone
    I have tried to format in Settings etc but it says 0Gb space available and will not format. I don't mind changing the HDD but I read several posts that it can be a waste of time as the SCSI controller may be at fault. If that is the case can it be replaced?
    Also just wondering if, at this stage, recordings can be sent to the Cloud instead with a subscription service as I am registered with the Freetime App? I would rather pay for a service like that rather than replace the HDD. I have my Humax box connected to my fast fibre router via Cat 5. This is the second time I have lost valuable recordings (last time with a Sky box several years ago). I have searched Google but cannot find anything about sending recordings to the cloud via a subscription service.
    P.S. As I live in Dublin I cannot get iPlayer or watch On Demand. Makes the situation even more critical about recordings.

| Sat 6 Feb 2016 10:06:50 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The drive is not a SCSI drive but a SATA drive.
    This problem is known to be under investigation by Humax and in my view, the number of reports and other facts would suggest that it is not the SATA controller.

Others have has the recording reappear after a time.

My advice would be to wait and see for now.

| Sat 6 Feb 2016 13:10:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

alawlor - 5 hours ago  » 
    Also just wondering if, at this stage, recordings can be sent to the Cloud instead with a subscription service as I am registered with the Freetime App? I would rather pay for a service like that rather than replace the HDD. I have my Humax box connected to my fast fibre router via Cat 5. This is the second time I have lost valuable recordings (last time with a Sky box several years ago). I have searched Google but cannot find anything about sending recordings to the cloud via a subscription service.

I wouldn't have thought Freesat would have any plans to offer this, given that it's a free service run by content owners. You can buy and download many BBC programmes from the BBC Store, though I'm not sure whether this is UK IP addresses only.

| Sat 6 Feb 2016 16:11:04 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

alawlor

Thank you Repassac: Apologies, yes of course it is SATA. You said Humax are aware of the problem. Your suggestion to wait and see. A day or two or weeks?
    I still fear the worst as ever time the box turns on it says HDD not formatted.

| Sat 6 Feb 2016 21:23:09 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

No idea on time scales I regret to say.
    There does appear to be some variations of the problem however.

1. No recordings shown.
    2. Hard disk not seen.
    3. Your variation - disk not formatted. Have you tried disconnecting the power for say 5 mins and also a reset to default?

| Sun 7 Feb 2016 9:31:22 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

alawlor

Thank you again REPASSAC. Yes, I have disconnected for longer than 5 mins. It made no difference. I have not yet tried a factory reset.

| Mon 8 Feb 2016 10:47:52 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

alawlor

I called Humax today and they say just a very small number may have been affected by this issue. Their advise was for me to wait two to four weeks for a fix. I just hope I haven't ruined my chances of getting my recordings back by attempting the unsuccessful format.
    Having said that, I would be just happy to get my HDD back at this stage. I guess there is nothing for it but sit tight as there is no point attempting to replace the HDD if is a software issue.
    Thanks to all who assisted in replies especially REPASSAC and the excellent support from SatBuyer UK.

| Tue 9 Feb 2016 18:16:20 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

alawlor - 43 minutes ago  » 
    I called Humax today and they say just a very small number may have been affected by this issue. Their advise was for me to wait two to four weeks for a fix. I just hope I haven't ruined my chances of getting my recordings back by attempting the unsuccessful format.
    Having said that, I would be just happy to get my HDD back at this stage. I guess there is nothing for it but sit tight as there is no point attempting to replace the HDD if is a software issue.
    Thanks to all who assisted in replies especially REPASSAC and the excellent support from SatBuyer UK.

Hope that your unit resototes it's self.
    Hopefully Humax will provide a solution.

| Tue 9 Feb 2016 19:01:52 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

alawlor

Two weeks after reporting this problem to Humax support (via phone) and still no fix. Also no word from Humax about my logged call. Silence. Strange - not a great support service for customers. Does not inspire great confidence in buying another unit (if required)

| Thu 18 Feb 2016 18:19:34 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

alawlor

It is now almost 5 weeks since I reported the problem to Humax and still no word or fix in sight. What is worse is the fact I called them last week and they had lost my original logged call. I am in no man's land as I do not know whether to buy a new unit or wait in hope for a fix. I was told last week that 6 weeks is the norm for a fix of this nature. I certainly do not mind waiting another week at this stage but it would have been nice to have received some ongoing information and be kept in the loop. I am convinced that the FreeTime app has caused this issue. I will never chance it or use it again once I can get back to recording. It would be great to hear from others who have also been affected.

| Mon 7 Mar 2016 17:50:21 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.