My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Record to the Cloud

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mattltm

I've now got 2 out of my 4 HDR1000s doing this. A phone call to support yesterday left we with a tough luck because the units are out of warranty (18 months old) and the response of "we are working on a fix but have no time scale or confirmation that we can actually fix it".

Probably the worst customer service I have ever received.

| Tue 8 Mar 2016 19:59:54 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

alawlor

Yes, I know they are responsible for this mess as they immediately offered me a replacement on my Model HDR-1000S (1Tb). However when they heard it was about 9 months out of warranty I was told I would also have to wait for a fix (if at all). That is now almost six weeks ago. In the meantime I cannot record and have lost track of several BBC series and we cannot catch up via iPlayer here in Ireland. To be fair and balanced about this, FreeSat is a brilliant service and I have promoted it via Humax to numerous friends since I got my box over two years ago. I would never return to Sky but I just wish I knew what to do at this stage. Continue waiting for a fix that may never come or just bite the bullet and buy a new box. There must be a better solution to this lost recordings issue going forward. Come on Humax sort this out or at least keep track of our logged calls and send us an email with an update - for good or for bad.

| Wed 9 Mar 2016 11:26:06 #12 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

A cheap HB-1000S with a disk in a caddy could be a single-turner stop-gap measure which might be useful anyway. Not seen a single report of a problems with the unit seeing the external disk.

| Wed 9 Mar 2016 13:19:08 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

alawlor

Humax eventually replaced my faulty box. So no complaints. Will be happy to continue recommending Humax to friends. However I think I will steer clear of the Freetime App for the moment to be on the safe side.

| Mon 4 Apr 2016 18:08:45 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

alawlor

Humax eventually replaced my faulty box. So no complaints. Will be happy to continue recommending Humax to friends. However I think I will steer clear of the Freetime App for the moment to be on the safe side.

| Mon 4 Apr 2016 18:10:01 #15 |
  6. frlarryduff

frlarryduff

mattltm, you should consider yourself lucky if that is the worst customer service you have received!
    alawlor - very decent of them to replace your out of warranty box.
    Humax replaced my remote control for free when i rang them and honestly admitted that my toddler had smashed it.
    I was going to suggest a firmware reinstall. Its not overly complicated with the file and good instructions available on the site.It got me out of a hole one time my 3 yr old hdr1000 woundnt boot up at all.

| Fri 29 Apr 2016 14:21:28 #16 |
  7. frlarryduff

frlarryduff

I wish there was a referral fee - I also sing the praises of freesat/freetime and have probably convinced 20-30 people to ditch their sub service for this.
    The hdr 1000s is a bit pricey but its only 8 months sky or so and its a quality product when its working.

| Fri 29 Apr 2016 14:24:49 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.