My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Recording Failed. Unable to track program.(part 2)

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Thanks for the advice about channel 23. I never record in HD as it takes too much memory up, & my picture is so good, I hardly notice the difference.
    I've just tried, & discovered that I don't have any HD channels. If my wife wants to watch "Strictly" in HD, it's via the TV.
    I've got the HD channels now, and, I notice a difference in the quality.
    Thanks again.

| Mon 29 Sep 2014 7:54:12 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

pabristow

I am also getting intermittent failures with the message

"Recording Failed. Unable to track program"

BUT

Only on BBC4 (annoyingly the one I most want to record) and sometimes it will record OK. All other channels record as expected.

BBC4 is SD only (most others are HD)

I have no problems watching BBC4 live,

Signal strength is good and quality 100%

Pressing 'record now' always works

If the recorder is on and BBC4 is selected, the scheduled program records OK.

It seems as if it does not allow enough time for the tuning to lock onto the channel?

I have tried retuning auto and also manual tuning.

I do have some 800 channels (receiving some programs from Kendal and others from Lancaster with two aerials on the roof pointing to each and a mixer/amplifier.

Suggestions most welcome.

Thanks

Paul

| Sat 21 Feb 2015 18:51:47 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

pabristow - 10 minutes ago  » 
    I have tried retuning auto and also manual tuning.
    I do have some 800 channels (receiving some programs from Kendal and others from Lancaster with two aerials on the roof pointing to each and a mixer/amplifier.
    Suggestions most welcome.

Having channels from a mix of transmitters will cause your issues. You will need to pick just 1 transmitter to receive your channels from and then do a manual retune following the instructions in this link
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/transmitters#post-2336

| Sat 21 Feb 2015 19:05:18 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

pabristow - 13 minutes ago  » 

Try doing a proper Manual Tune following these instructions: Link to manual tuning FAQ.

| Sat 21 Feb 2015 19:07:16 #14 |
  5. GarryP

GarryP

I used to get the "Recording Failed. Unable to track program" problem at least once a day - on various channels - even after doing a manual re-tune to a single transmitter. It got to a point where I was scheduling recordings of repeats and +1s to try and make sure I got at least one good recording.

However, after upgrading to the latest software a few months ago the problem has pretty much gone away. (Touch wood.)

I now only get this problem very rarely and it's usually on channels like "Dave" very early in the morning when Heaven knows who's messing around with things in the background.

| Mon 23 Feb 2015 16:14:39 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

pabristow

After following the very fiddly instructions http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/transmitters#post-2336

I am managing to record BBC4 OK (touch wood!) (but now with some reported glitches, not noticeable when viewing).

Is this because the signal from nearer Kendal is stronger than the signal from Lancaster, but the Lancaster pointing aerial is higher gain than from the low gain aerial from Kendal?

But why is this a problem when the old Humax worked perfectly well with the same aerial and automatic settings? There is something not quite right here? Since is works perfectly in normal use, it sounds like insufficient time is being allowed to decide which signal to lock onto.

But thanks.

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 10:26:50 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

which transmitter did you decide to tune into?

Lancaster has a tranmitter power 5 times greater than Kendal, Lancaster also carries twice as many channels, many you probably don't want.

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 17:12:57 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

pabristow - 7 hours ago  » 
    After following the very fiddly instructions http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/transmitters#post-2336
    I am managing to record BBC4 OK (touch wood!) (but now with some reported glitches, not noticeable when viewing).
    Is this because the signal from nearer Kendal is stronger than the signal from Lancaster, but the Lancaster pointing aerial is higher gain than from the low gain aerial from Kendal?
    But why is this a problem when the old Humax worked perfectly well with the same aerial and automatic settings? There is something not quite right here? Since is works perfectly in normal use, it sounds like insufficient time is being allowed to decide which signal to lock onto.
    But thanks.

Can you post a postcode of a pub or church near your home so we can check approx relative field strengths. Combining two aerials can cause issues especially where the uhf channels overlap and this may be causing your issues.

If you have properly carried out manual tuning, the box will only know about the frequencies used by your transmitter of choice so there is no decision to lock on.

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 17:41:55 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.