My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Recording series limited to 7 days

(24 posts)
  1. islandman

islandman

For years, we have had pur recorder set to record series such as emmerdale, corrie & extenders, however of late have stopped viewing extenders.

The problem is with the former two. When I browse through the menu, I see they are highlighted and set to record, but only for 7 days, the eighth day is not highlighted, so not expecting it to record. Or will it?

Rather than set it today (thu)for next Thursday, i will look tomorrow and see if it HAS picked up.

If not, do you think I should venture into unknown territory of settings, to see if somehow an update has changed it to record only seven days in advance?.

On the subject of updates, is it possible for me to stop automatic updates as we find that when they occur, we switch on, find that annoying box that states it is searching for new channels and updates, and it sticks on that. We have to switch everything off, loose settings, and start again.

Sorry for length of post.

| Thu 19 Jul 2018 17:48:01 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

When episodes are added to the epg they should be picked up automatically provided the broadcaster has supplied the correct crid codes.

Changes in channel line ups are handled during overnight housekeeping, provided the box is left in sby overnight. If you leave it on this will not happen.

Removing the box power should not affect any settings, if it does the box likely has a nvram fault.

| Fri 20 Jul 2018 9:02:26 #2 |
  3. islandman

islandman

Thanks for reply, am in town using phone now, will reply properly when home.

| Fri 20 Jul 2018 10:02:07 #3 |
  4. islandman

islandman

Graham. It has to be said, that we always leave the Humax ON. However, there are exceptions. If we switch TV on and we are greeted by a box stating it is searching for new channels and updates, it seems to remain there. After about 15 mins, we get fed up, turn Humax OFF/ON then the box has gone and we have to reset our preferences to record again, but it has to be said, not all of them disappear.

If I could give you another clue to work on. Our region is South to South/East. I google for an Exeter postcode and enter that into our settings, that way, we get South/West news & local Spotlight. I'm adding this in case it's of value to a diagnosis.

Ref my 7 day theory of recordings.

On Wed 18th, I was able to see a highlighted section for 7 days only taking me up to 24th.

On Thu 19th, I was able to see a highlighted section for 7 days only
    taking me up to 25th.

Interestingly enough, it had moved on automatically to show 7 days preferences.

Today, 20th, it had moved on to show up to 26th

So, this appears to prove it will only show 7 days preferences in advance.

So I cancelled both Emmerdale & Corrie full stop. Left it a minute, the I have been through process of setting series for those two. It now shows 8 days .

It is my intention NOT to touch any settings now and wait to see what happens in a day or so. That is, unless you are able to come up with anything. My gut feeling is that maybe the Humax needed replacing. Its about 7 yrs old I think.

Ref your:-
    When episodes are added to the epg they should be picked up automatically provided the broadcaster has supplied the correct crid codes.

Changes in channel line ups are handled during overnight housekeeping, provided the box is left in sby overnight. If you leave it on this will not happen.

Removing the box power should not affect any settings, if it does the box likely has a nvram fault.

What are these two items underlined?

| Fri 20 Jul 2018 14:05:56 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

"we have to reset our preferences to record again, but it has to be said, not all of them disappear."

This suggests to me that your channel list is out of date due to missing housekeeping - the channels with out of date data are the ones that will be missing. Channels frequently change transponders.

Why the searching for channels does not complete is interesting.
    try changing the channel to 999 and then do a freesat tune via settings. Does it complete then?

| Fri 20 Jul 2018 14:20:22 #5 |
  6. islandman

islandman

REPASSAC - 54 minutes ago  » 
    "we have to reset our preferences to record again, but it has to be said, not all of them disappear."
    This suggests to me that your channel list is out of date due to missing housekeeping - the channels with out of date data are the ones that will be missing. Channels frequently change transponders.
    try changing the channel to 999 and then do a freesat tune via settings. Does it complete then?

Thankyou for your reply. I don't know what a "transponder" is, should I?. When you say "try changing the channel to 999 and then do a freesat retune", half registers with me. I'm sure I've done a retune before but where or why would I need to find the appropriate place to enter 999.

I may have to seek out an Exeter postcode because in retuning, it may loose the one entered.

| Fri 20 Jul 2018 15:18:49 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

islandman - 6 minutes ago  » 

REPASSAC - 54 minutes ago  » 

Thankyou for your reply. I don't know what a "transponder" is, should I?. When you say "try changing the channel to 999 and then do a freesat retune", half registers with me. I'm sure I've done a retune before but where or why would I need to find the appropriate place to enter 999.
    I may have to seek out an Exeter postcode because in retuning, it may loose the one entered.

Your Foxsat will never work properly until you put it in sby overnight, in addition you will save a considerable amount of electricity. Sby power is less than 0.75W if low power sby is used.

See this thread to see the updates you will be missing.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/update-log-for-recordwatch-apps/page/79

999 is a channel like any other so while viewing just press 999. 999 is the Freesat info channel and it's on the Freesat home transponder.

Repassac asked you to check you can view to ensure you can get the home transponder as this is required for housekeeping and to do a Freesat retune.

Photograph your recording schedule before retuning as you will have to re-enter it.

The postcode you have entered won't be forgotten unless you type in another. In any case all the different BBC regions are in the epg starting at channel 950. You can move any to the lower numbers using the customise channels option.

950 BBC 1 London
    951 BBC 1 CI
    952 BBC 1 E Mids
    953 BBC 1 East (E)
    954 BBC 1 East (W)
    955 BBC 1 N West
    956 BBC 1 NE & C
    957 BBC 1 NI
    958 BBC 1 Oxford
    959 BBC 1 S East
    960 BBC 1 Scotland
    961 BBC 1 South
    962 BBC 1 S West
    963 BBC 1 W Mids
    964 BBC 1 Wales
    965 BBC 1 West
    966 BBC 1 Yorks
    967 BBC 1 EYrks&L
    968 BBC 2 England
    969 BBC 2 NI
    970 BBC 2 Scotland
    971 BBC 2 Wales
    972 BBC ONE HD (England)
    973 BBC 1 Scot HD
    974 Channel 4
    975 Channel 4 + 1
    976 BBC 1 Wales HD
    977 ITV
    978 BBC 1 NI HD
    981 BBC RB 1

A transponder is a Frequency used to carry more than one channel digitally multiplexed together (Freeview refers to these as a MUX - short for Multiplex).

Example showing 10773 Mhz Horizontal polarisation

108 BBC Two Eng 10773 H
    110 BBC Four 10773 H
    608 Cbeebies 10773 H
    950 BBC One Lon 10773 H
    951 BBC One CI 10773 H
    954 BBC One East W 10773 H
    965 BBC One West 10773 H
    968 BBC Two Eng 10773 H
    981 BBC RB 1 10773 H

| Fri 20 Jul 2018 15:37:07 #7 |
  8. islandman

islandman

Hi again. Whilst I appreciate there have been replies giving information that I don't really understand (not technically minded), I have been carefully monitoring my humax/tv.

On any given weekday when either emmerdale or coronation st is on, I can look at the menu and see it is set to record. Take Wednesday for example.

Wed, it shows it will record Wed/Thu/Fri/not sat or sun obviously, Mon and Tues but NOT Wed. The following day, Thu, without touching settings, it shows set to record Thu/Fri not sat/sun,Mon/Tue, Wednesday has now been brought in to record, but then not Thu.

Looking at menu everyday, shows only seven days are shown to record instead of 8, max. as the days pass, equally so does the highlighted section.

None of this happened when we had a Panasonic TV with Humax Foxsat, only since we have replaced tv with a Samsung.

| Fri 27 Jul 2018 7:41:00 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Your TV has no effect at all. While the epg shows 8 days, clearly the series recordings update for the 7th day, so why is it an issue ?

| Fri 27 Jul 2018 8:36:59 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Your TV has no effect at all. While the epg shows 8 days, clearly the series recordings are updating for the 7th day but not the 8th day, so why is it an issue ?

Just set Todays Corrie on my Foxsat on ITV-HD. Next Fridays (3rd August) showings has the recording icon on both episodes.

What software version does diagnostics say you have ?

| Fri 27 Jul 2018 9:45:26 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.