My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Recording series limited to 7 days

(24 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    Your TV has no effect at all. While the epg shows 8 days, clearly the series recordings update for the 7th day, so why is it an issue ?

Double Post

| Fri 27 Jul 2018 10:45:57 #11 |
  2. islandman

islandman

Graham, in a way, the way it now records, should present no problem and if it came across as an issue, that's because neither of us could or can, understand why after years of showing eight days due to record, it should now drop to seven.

When we initially spotted it, our reaction was to think that for whatever reason, no recording would take place on the eighth day. That's why I daily added it as a single recording.

Time hasn't permitted today yet, but I am confident it will not show up on the menu as destined to record.

Now to the reasoning. Do you think its due to an update?, or change of tv product?. Do you think I should delve into settings (where you scan for instance) to see if there is an option box to record indefinitely?.

| Fri 27 Jul 2018 12:23:12 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

islandman - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Graham, in a way, the way it now records, should present no problem and if it came across as an issue, that's because neither of us could or can, understand why after years of showing eight days due to record, it should now drop to seven.
    When we initially spotted it, our reaction was to think that for whatever reason, no recording would take place on the eighth day. That's why I daily added it as a single recording.
    Time hasn't permitted today yet, but I am confident it will not show up on the menu as destined to record.
    Now to the reasoning. Do you think its due to an update?, or change of tv product?. Do you think I should delve into settings (where you scan for instance) to see if there is an option box to record indefinitely?.

There are no menu options to control how recordings are made other than the auto padding options, provided start and end time is set to auto the broadcasters can start and stop recordings (AR).

There is no way that your TV can affect this, most of the time it will be switched off anyway.

the last software update was in 2012, check you have 1.00.21.

| Fri 27 Jul 2018 12:39:47 #13 |
  4. islandman

islandman

grahamlthompson - 5 minutes ago  » 

islandman - 13 minutes ago  » 

There are no menu options to control how recordings are made other than the auto padding options, provided start and end time is set to auto the broadcasters can start and stop recordings (AR).
    There is no way that your TV can affect this, most of the time it will be switched off anyway.
    the last software update was in 2012, check you have 1.00.21.

Will do, after dinner, will go and check the eighth day, then embark in my quest to see if I can find last software update.

| Fri 27 Jul 2018 12:46:07 #14 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

A full download of the EPG is carried out by the overnight housekeeping task assuming you leave the unit in standby overnight, following this it will trickle update on all freesat channels, with priority given to upcoming items.
    I imagine that the schedule is matched to the EPG only periodically.

I think the Foxsat has always worked in this way. As Graham says the TV will make no difference and is just displaying the Foxsat output.

| Fri 27 Jul 2018 14:21:50 #15 |
  6. islandman

islandman

OK then, so maybe if I could ask you this please. I accept it isn't Humax and as such, you might not know.

During all the time we had the Panasonic TV (9 yrs I think), if it did do updates or searched for new channels, I didn't know about it. I recall manually searching every few years.

But this Samsung TV, works differently. It searches dare I say it every 8 weeks? and we know about it because we find the notice saying "searching for new channels and updates" and it sticks on that.

| Fri 27 Jul 2018 18:10:14 #16 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I do know that several 'freesat devices' do not follow freesat rules which do include automatic channel updates. Does your TV state that it is a "freesat TV"?

Every 8 weeks would loose channels frequently.

Freesat monitor 2nd generation devices much more closely then G1.

| Fri 27 Jul 2018 18:57:26 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you have the latest firmware, it's possible some corruption has crept in the firmware stored in Non Volatile Random Access Memory (NVRAM).

Try making a note of or photograph your recording schedule (you will need to re-enter it) and carry out a reset to factory defaults.

| Fri 27 Jul 2018 20:09:45 #18 |
  9. islandman

islandman

Not been posting, but have been monitoring. The result is this. It is my impression that series will record indefinitely. The fact that the menu showing eight days of programmes, only highlights seven, is something we have to accept. Each day we look at guide and each day, it has moved on one.

Now to the interesting bit. Last night we switched on, to discover the pain in the backside, the notice announcing it was searching for new channels and updates.

We left it for 30 mins, nothing happened. Turned tv and power off, waited, on again and notice still there.

Decided to repeat but turn Humax power off too. Waited 15 seconds, turned everything on, notice gone also.

Looked at guide, no programmes had lost their highlighted state meaning they were still set to record.

| Mon 30 Jul 2018 15:04:31 #19 |
  10. islandman

islandman

Not been posting, but have been monitoring. The result is this. It is my impression that series will record indefinitely. The fact that the menu showing eight days of programmes, only highlights seven, is something we have to accept. Each day we look at guide and each day, it has moved on one.

Now to the interesting bit. Last night we switched on, to discover the pain in the backside, the notice announcing it was searching for new channels and updates.

We left it for 30 mins, nothing happened. Turned tv and power off, waited, on again and notice still there.

Decided to repeat but turn Humax power off too. Waited 15 seconds, turned everything on, notice gone also.

Looked at guide, no programmes had lost their highlighted state meaning they were still set to record.

| Mon 30 Jul 2018 15:05:34 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.