My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Recording stops short/doesn't record

(48 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RedFox21

Hello, I live in France and have had my box (HDR 1010 S) for a long time. All of a sudden it has stopped recording correctly: many programmed shows are stopped after 30 mins, others don't record at all. I've noticed channel 4 is the worst, BBC 1 seems ok, but not BBC 2 or 4: and its hit and miss. It doesn't record all the show either if I press instant record, although If I leave it on the channel, it seems OK - but not very useful!!
    After reading the forums I went in Settings and did Factory default - didn't make any difference at all. I am happy to lose existing recordings if I can get this fixed. Please help - but don't go into tech details as I won't understand!!
    Thanks

| Sun 27 Jun 2021 11:22:20 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Where in France are you and what size dish do you have?
    When you did the factory default how many LNB connections did it show? If you ddi not notice go into settings signal and look at the foot of the page.
    Do you received BBC1 HD and BBC 2 HD OK?

| Sun 27 Jun 2021 14:54:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RedFox21

Hello, I'm 25km from Paris. Ive had the dish 15yrs with no problems. Sorry i can't tell you its size - it's small, looks about 50-60 cm from down below? Yes I can get HD channels ok. I have no problem with any channels changing,it's just the recording. The only thing I can see under settings for the signal is "signal info" which shows 2 two tuners with good strength and quality but has no more information at the bottom of the page as you mentioned than that. Thanks

| Sun 27 Jun 2021 18:41:08 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Press the home button. Move down to settings and press OK/ Select OK on General settings. Move to recordings. If start Padding time and End padding time not set to Auto change both to auto.

| Sun 27 Jun 2021 19:08:58 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

RedFox21

All I have under General Settings is: power on timer/power off timer/parental control /preferred language /accessibility

Under Settings - recordings, it just takes me to the list of current recordings
    Thanks

| Sun 27 Jun 2021 19:19:56 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RedFox21 - 14 hours ago  » 
    All I have under General Settings is: power on timer/power off timer/parental control /preferred language /accessibility
    Under Settings - recordings, it just takes me to the list of current recordings

Thanks

Are you sure you have a second generation Freesat+ smart box. This is my HDR-1000S which has the same software as your HDR-1010S.

Attachments

1. G2_BOX_Recording_settings.jpg (570.8 KB, 2 downloads) 2 years old
    | Mon 28 Jun 2021 9:42:08 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

RedFox21

Could you tell me where I could check that out, please? I've just given the firts part of the number from under the box, but it is longer.

| Mon 28 Jun 2021 12:20:14 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RedFox21 - 32 mins ago  » 
    Could you tell me where I could check that out, please? I've just given the firts part of the number from under the box, but it is longer.

The label should have a model number.

The 2nd generation Freesat+ smart boxes have the following model Numbers HDR-1000s, HDR-1010S and HDR-1100S. All of these have the menu shown above. The remote control photo is attached.

The alternative is the much older Foxsat-HDR. If you have this the remote is likely to say Humax-F01

If you have this model the ley sequence will be a bit different.

Without knowing which box you have hard to help.

Attachments

1. G2_box_remote.jpg (338.5 KB, 0 downloads) 2 years old
    | Mon 28 Jun 2021 13:10:44 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

RedFox21

Hi, I have now found the recordings setting, see attached photo- it seems to be set the same as yours? I've also photographed the label. The problem actually seems to be getting worse, it is rarely recording programmed things!
    Hope you can help

| Wed 30 Jun 2021 22:45:29 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

RedFox21

Trying to upload files again

Attachments

1. Humax_box_serial_number.JPG (632.2 KB, 1 downloads) 2 years old
    | Wed 30 Jun 2021 22:46:17 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.