and again

| Wed 30 Jun 2021 21:47:29 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

RedFox21

Screenshot of Recordings menu

| Wed 30 Jun 2021 21:49:19 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RedFox21

I give up, I can't get my photo of the Recordings screen to upload, but the settings are all identical to those in your one.

| Wed 30 Jun 2021 21:52:36 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RedFox21 - 10 hours ago  » 
    I give up, I can't get my photo of the Recordings screen to upload, but the settings are all identical to those in your one.

Most likely the photo is too large. Windows can resize photos - Google it.

Switch to a new channel. Watch it for say 5 mins. Then press the red R button above search. Now look at your recording list. You should see a recording of the current channel in progress. You can watch this recording as it takes place.

To set a recording from the guide. Follow this example.

Press guide and enter 106 to move the guide to show BBC-HD. Press right to get to 11:00 With Murder Mystery and My Family highlighted in Green. Press the button in the middle of the chrome circle. A popup menu with Record highlighted in Green should appear. Press the middle button again. There are two options. Press the button again with REcord entire series highlighted. It should now g back to the guide with a read record flag on this programme. Press the Double right button above List to advance the epg 24 hrs. Note the same programme is also set to record Tomorrow.

Exit from the guide.

Press the Home button and select Recordings pressing the middle button again. Move to planned you should see the one series recording you have set.

Post if todays episode is recorded. If not it's possible that your hard disk file system is corrupted. If so you will need to format your hard disk which will delete all your existing recordings.

Post what happens. Hopefully it will record the programme you have set.

| Thu 1 Jul 2021 8:35:49 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Afterthought. Check your Hard disk isn't full.

Press the home button. Move to Settings press the middle button Move down to System Settings and press the middle button. Press the middle button again on storage. Press again with HDD highlighted in blue.

Available Size ? GB

Used Size ? GB

Reserved Size ? GB

| Thu 1 Jul 2021 8:43:29 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The series recording set as above recorded fine. Series now cancelled (only set as a test).

| Thu 1 Jul 2021 19:45:53 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

RedFox21

Hi, here are the hard disk settings first:
    Available size: 496.4 GB
    Used size: 369.7 GB
    Reserved size: 65.5 GB
    Total size: 931.5 GB
    Then there is Start disk clean up and Start disk format, you can tell me if you think I should use one. I'm not bothered about wiping the recordings.

Now I will follow your other instructions!Thanks

| Fri 2 Jul 2021 12:07:55 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

RedFox21

Looked at your instructions - these are all the things I normally do. Tested recording now and it worked, and it is also taping a pre-programmed one. But this doesn't solve that most ones I programmed don't get recorded. Or if they do, they stop after 30 mins. QUite random. Do you think I should wipe the hard disk?

| Fri 2 Jul 2021 13:16:35 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RedFox21 - 48 mins ago  » 
    Looked at your instructions - these are all the things I normally do. Tested recording now and it worked, and it is also taping a pre-programmed one. But this doesn't solve that most ones I programmed don't get recorded. Or if they do, they stop after 30 mins. QUite random. Do you think I should wipe the hard disk?

Which channel or channels do get the problems with ? Some do not have accurate recording capability. Setting a manual recording for these with some built in padding should work.

Post an upcoming programme and I will set a manual recording and post how to do this.

| Fri 2 Jul 2021 14:07:33 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

RedFox21

Tonight at 10pm Channel 4: Kathy Burke - Money talks. Interestingly, I set it last night to record this and it's NOT in the Planned Recordings list. Done it again just now, pressing Record from the programmes list for tonight - still not appear on the Planned menu.
    A second example is today at 2.30 on Sky Arts: Portrait artist of the Year, which IS in my Planned list for a repeat recording, but never records. I don't pay for Sky, but I have this one channel and it always recorded before.
    All these problems started a month ago, no problems before. We did have a power cut around then, could that have affected it?
    Could you also tell me how to wipe the disk if nothing works please?
    Thanks so much

| Mon 5 Jul 2021 8:55:39 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.