My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Recordings don’t play back on new FVP 5000T.

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

So this Freeview shop that repairs Freeview boxes didn't actually do anything.
    The new remote control of course would have operated both boxes.

With the old remote does the red light round the power button light up when you press any of the buttons.
    The 5000T remote is a bit clunky and sometimes you really need to press hard on the buttons on older remotes.

| Wed 19 Jul 2023 9:34:17 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

VitaminD - 31 mins ago  » 
    So this Freeview shop that repairs Freeview boxes didn't actually do anything.
    The new remote control of course would have operated both boxes.
    With the old remote does the red light round the power button light up when you press any of the buttons.
    The 5000T remote is a bit clunky and sometimes you really need to press hard on the buttons on older remotes.

Recording the post on the various threads it looked that the remote and the old box just needed syncing to the same mode.
    Except it's not a "just" as there is also a youview box in the same room which uses mode 1. Looking at the older post by the OP the issue with the modes and/or youview box keeps on needing a reminder for how things are setup to work both without any interference between the freeview and youview remotes.

| Wed 19 Jul 2023 10:10:00 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

I have seen the various other posts where there was a conflict between the YouView box and the 5000T,
    and it was suggested to the OP that the mode on the 5000T would have been changed to resolve that problem.
    From what I remember from the older posts the OP had bought replacement remotes presumably non Humax that couldn't operate the old 5000T as these remotes only operate in mode 1 and the mode cannot be changed.

I think it had been suggested that the OP would need to change the mode so the new 5000T remote would operate the old box, this is probably what the "Freeview shop that repairs Freeview boxes" has done and probably charged for it.

| Wed 19 Jul 2023 10:54:29 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.