My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Red LED for Standby Recording

(17 posts)
  1. gomezz

gomezz

special member

You would not want it so bright that it was distracting while watching something or even readng.

| Tue 20 Sep 2011 9:58:31 #11 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

It's Not very bright when powered up either.

| Tue 20 Sep 2011 10:25:56 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

brian - 5 days ago  » 
    The ring around the power button was "Dim" Red when recording from standby.

This is a classic case of what the developers wrote into the software being more useful than the spec. It's a real shame the code was changed to match the spec. Where I work we often do it the other way round, it's a lot quicker to change the spec to match the code. Plus when you are developing and using the product, what works and what doesn't is often a lot more obvious than when you are writing a spec.

| Sun 25 Sep 2011 15:12:12 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Barney

For anyone else finding this thread.

If you install the custom firmware then there is an add-on called Redring which lets you show a red ring around the power button when it is recording in background. It has some other options too which give more control over the display.

| Thu 3 May 2012 15:52:55 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Barney - 2 hours ago  » 
    If you install the custom firmware then there is an add-on called Redring which lets you show a red ring around the power button when it is recording in background. It has some other options too which give more control over the display.

Really useful to know, I emailed Humax support ages ago asking if there was a way of disabling the scrolling display, even though the box is over 1m away from the screen it still managed to bug me every now and again. Keep up the good work people, it is appreciated.

| Thu 3 May 2012 18:15:28 #15 |
  6. aciddad

aciddad

special member

Wallace - 9 months ago  » 
    Not much use really, but I have removed the orange filter that is attached to the front of the VFD display. I had to take the Hummy apart to do it, thus invalidating the warranty. I was upgrading the HDD from 500GB to 1TB at the time.
    It make the whole display much easier to read/see and as a bonus for me, the display is green so it matches with all my other AV equipment.

A really good idea, Thanks. I've just done this to my new HDR-FOX T2.

| Thu 21 Jun 2012 18:40:44 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JGHummy

Wallace - 11 months ago  » 
    Not much use really, but I have removed the orange filter that is attached to the front of the VFD display. I had to take the Hummy apart to do it, thus invalidating the warranty. I was upgrading the HDD from 500GB to 1TB at the time.
    It make the whole display much easier to read/see and as a bonus for me, the display is green so it matches with all my other AV equipment.

Hi

Is there an idiots guide to how to do this anywhere?

TIA

| Tue 21 Aug 2012 17:28:54 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.