My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Remote Codes for Audio

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gerryburne

I got the Remote to control my Sony TV with one of the suggested 3 digit codes without difficulty but none of the suggested codes work with my Sony A/V Receiver. Most of the suggested codes do not give a double blink when the third digit is entered which suggests that they may not be valid. The Humax code web site has identical codes for Sony as those in the User Manual. I wonder if any of the gurus has a suggestion of how I can discover a code that works?

| Wed 24 Oct 2012 16:03:31 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Xraytod

Works fine with my Sony STRDN1000n AV amp. Cant remember now which code I input but it was one in the manual.

Only real problem I have is that sometimes the sound can be controlled from the Humax but often the volume control appears to be inactive (ie the volume display bar works but no actual sound variation) & can only be controlled by the Amp ! (connected using Optical cables). Maybe SD vs HD ??

| Wed 24 Oct 2012 16:41:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

gerryburne

Thanks for that, Xraytod. My A/V Receiver says it is a "STR-DG710 Digital Audio/Video Control Centre" on its front panel, so maybe yours is newer.

My control of the TV is fine but as I can't get started with the Audio I can't comment on about the volume control issue that you have. My Hummy Remote says that it is a Model RM-F04. The Humax web site says it should have 4 digit codes but that is obviously wrong because the User Instructions only suggests 3 digit codes, and as I said, I had no difficulty getting the Remote to control the TV with one of the suggested 3 dgit codes.

Just being able to switch the Audio ON and OFF using the Hummy's Remote would suit me grand most of the time.

| Wed 24 Oct 2012 18:11:23 #3 |
  4. brian

brian

special member

gerryburne - 4 hours ago  » 
    My Hummy Remote says that it is a Model RM-F04. The Humax web site says it should have 4 digit codes but that is obviously wrong because the User Instructions only suggests 3 digit codes, and as I said, I had no difficulty getting the Remote to control the TV with one of the suggested 3 dgit codes.

Check out THIS FAQ about the different versions of RM-F04.

| Wed 24 Oct 2012 22:55:10 #4 |
  5. brian

brian

special member

Xraytod - 6 hours ago  » 
    Only real problem I have is that sometimes the sound can be controlled from the Humax but often the volume control appears to be inactive (ie the volume display bar works but no actual sound variation) & can only be controlled by the Amp ! (connected using Optical cables). Maybe SD vs HD ??

The Humax volume control does not control the sound on HD channels when connected via the Optical output, although it does via HDMI to Some TV's.

| Wed 24 Oct 2012 23:02:07 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

gerryburne

Thank you, Brian. Obviously my RM-F04 must be the 3 digit version because I got it to work with the TV by programming a 3 digit code. This is fortunate because it makes it feasible to spend some time trying everything from 000 to 999 and see if I get lucky whereas 0000 to 9999 would be too big a task.

At the end of the day it may turn out that the RM-F04 is not able to work with my audio device. That would be a pity because apart from the limited capability of th TV Portal and my inability to get the Remote to control my Audio, I have been delighted with the functionality of my new Hummy.

| Thu 25 Oct 2012 9:23:54 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Xraytod

Thanks Brian - I thought it must be have been me ! Now I've got to teach SHMBO.....

| Thu 25 Oct 2012 11:34:33 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.