My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

remote control - feedback - feature requests

(8 posts)
  1. GeeDeeEss

GeeDeeEss

Does anyone know if it is possible to get feedback successfully passed to the humax team?

In this particular case i was wondering why the functionality of the 'list' button is replicated by the 'ok' button.

if you press 'list' you are presented with a list of the channels.
    if you press 'ok' you are presented with the same list.

does anyone else think that it would make more sense that the 'ok' button replicate the 'i' button if it was to replicate any button at all? I say this as in order to call up the 'information plate' you need to press the 'i' button, which is below the 'list' button. once the i-plate is on screen in order to interact with it you need to use the directional buttons surrounding the 'ok' button to scroll through the channels or programmes.

would it not make more sense that all of the 'i-plate' functionality and interactivity be contained within the directon buttons and the ok button? pressing 'ok' would call up the i-plate. the direction buttons would then move around the channels and programmes and if you wanted to see the detailed information for a particular programme displayed on the i-plate then you would press the 'i' button to call up the information window.

in a way this would work exactly like a sky digital remote. is there a connection between how a sky remote works in this regard and why the humax remote doesn't? is this configuration of button use protected by sky? almost like a patent?

as it stands i hardly use the i-plate as it's not as straight forward in its operation as it could be. i simply forget to use it.

does anyone else share this opinion?
    is it possible to pass feedback onto the humax team?
    what is the likelihood of the remote button configuration ever being changed?

or am i being pedantic?

| Tue 20 Mar 2012 22:35:24 #1 |
  2. athomson

athomson

special member

Seems a logical request to me. Having the 'OK' button bringing up the i-plate instead of list is what I would expect to happen. I use i-plate but only to check signal strenth but now I find a better way to do that in the menus I dont use it much.

Andy

| Wed 21 Mar 2012 9:24:03 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Suggestions can be made via the usual support address:

uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk

| Wed 21 Mar 2012 9:30:14 #3 |
  4. brian

brian

special member

The Last thing that we want is for it to be anything like a Sky digital remote. I am perfectly happy with it the way that it currently behaves.

| Wed 21 Mar 2012 9:38:07 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigpaul

A freephone number or a non premium rate number would be the best way forward for Humax, lest they forget we are their customers, and no I do not think you are being pedantic, it would appear Humax have the British problem of NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.
    We can vote with our feet.

| Wed 21 Mar 2012 11:58:43 #5 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Having the OK button bring up the channel list dates back at least to the F2-FOX T and is probably what Humax thought best. I think it's a good idea to bring up a long list of channels with the OK button from watching TV, if some people don't like it then buy from a different manufacturer next time. For me, leave it as it is.

| Wed 21 Mar 2012 12:47:21 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

brian - 3 hours ago  » 
    The Last thing that we want is for it to be anything like a Sky digital remote. I am perfectly happy with it the way that it currently behaves.

I agree, and the chances of it being changed now are slim to none.

| Wed 21 Mar 2012 13:12:11 #7 |
  8. athomson

athomson

special member

It is a bit late to change things. I will get use to it, its no big deal ...

Andy

| Wed 21 Mar 2012 13:14:36 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.