My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Remote control problem

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tezza

Remote, my remote control seems to be bossed by my TV remote (LG)unless I fiddle about the humax remote does nothing. The LG remote can control all the features of the humax except accessing my recordings, I have never paired them they seem to have a mind of their own, any advice would be welcome, I just want my Humax remote control to do it's job and control my Humax recorder.

| Thu 13 Jan 2022 17:10:20 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

If you can manage to split the 5000T remote (and probably the 4000T), you can clean the rubber contacts which seem to get covered in grease of some kind (they should look dull, not shiny). I carefully rub them with a clean cotton bud. This usually returns the buttons to full operation for me.

There is a metallic film stuck to one half and I have had no problem with those contacts and so have not attempted to peel it off.

Splitting the remote is tricky, but possible (initially I dismissed it as impossible). I did it using one of the blades on a Swiss Army Knife (remember them?) sliding it carefully but firmly into the slim gap between the halves (but be very careful to avoid hurting your fingers).

Good luck.

| Thu 13 Jan 2022 19:30:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tezza

It's only 3 months old and works perfectly well when the LG remote let's it.

| Thu 13 Jan 2022 22:17:53 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Your LG remote and your Humax remote do not pair with each other, they do not, cannot and are not communicating.
    Depending on the model of the TV, your LG remote can control some (most) of the Humax functions if correctly setup and the Humax remote can be setup (via a code) to operate some (but not all) of the TV functions.

| Thu 13 Jan 2022 22:49:39 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.