My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

remote not responding at all

(48 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

suiko

Suddenly my PVR-9200T is not responding to the remote, or to the buttons on the front of the machine. I turn it on and I see channel message "BBC 1 13.00" (this is in the evening). I have seen posts about returning it to default settings, but can't get the machine to respond to the remote at all - have tried changing batteries, turning it off with on/off button for 2 mins, but to no avail.

One time I did manage to get the menu screen up with the remote, but could not scroll down to the installation option.

What can I do? If I need to use a PC, please tell me exactly what I know as I have a wireless connection and haven't got a clue about this stuff.

Admin edit: corrected the model number.

| Tue 17 Jul 2012 19:52:33 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Try removing the aerial and see if that helps you regain control of unit.

| Tue 17 Jul 2012 21:14:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

suiko

Thanks!

I've tried that, and switching off the switch at the back. No difference. The machine is normally switched off at the mains.

Occasionally I do get it to respond enough to get me to the Menu screen, but never to get to Installation.

| Tue 17 Jul 2012 21:15:34 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

One more thing to try is:

1. Power off at rear
    2. Hold in Standby button on front of unit
    3. Power ON (with Standby button still held)

If that does not work, then it looks like you may have to go the PC route in which case read this FAQ:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/remote-control-has-stopped-working-unit-failing-to-respond

When you are happy about the procedure/have the cables let us know. I can provide a small file for you to upload which may regain control.

| Tue 17 Jul 2012 21:28:44 #4 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Just confirm we are talking about a PVR-9200T?

| Tue 17 Jul 2012 23:51:26 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

suiko

Sorry it's taken me a while to respond. There seems to be some glitch on this site, maybe browser-related - when I try to reply at work, it tells me I have to be logged in to reply, but then when I try to log in it says I'm logged in already.

Anyway... I tried your standby thing, Barry, and no luck. And yes, it is the 9200t.

So I need this null modem cable, and what else? My PC is seven or eight years old, and seems to have two serial ports (or I think that's what they are - look like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_port ), as well as larger ones, one of which has my keyboard in it.

| Thu 19 Jul 2012 7:30:59 #6 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

I think you may be having data transfer problems between the clock board housed in the front panel and the motherboard in the main chassis. If that is the case then the only repair you can try is to re-seat the data cable joining the two. Follow JefUK's paper on how to dismantle the unit, the data cable is the white ribbon cable labelled D in fig. 3, re-seat it at both ends.

Obviously I can't be 100% sure this is your problem but your symptoms certainly suggest it. Also the problem could lie in the associated data transfer electronics in which case a repair is not an easy option.

| Thu 19 Jul 2012 9:50:43 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

suiko

Thanks. But how could it have suddenly come unseated, when the unit has not been moved?

On the display (which is pretty bright, tho the machine is a good few years old - bought on ebay a few months ago), everything is as normal during the loading process. After that it is completely blank, with only a tiny icon showing above where the clock normally is. The "BBC1" thing at the bottom of the TV screen always reads "13.00".

OK. Site seems to be allowing me to post today!

| Thu 19 Jul 2012 10:15:55 #8 |
  9. Biggles

Biggles

special member

The fact that you have a bright display on an old machine suggests that the previous owner may have replaced the clock board, he may not have connected the data cable correctly. From your first post I was under the impression that 'BBC1 13.00' was showing on the 9200 display, you now say this is displayed on the TV screen so that changes everything, disregard my post.

| Thu 19 Jul 2012 10:39:54 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

suiko

Thanks. So... I need to check that cable is connected, right?

Not quite sure which cable it is from looking at the pictures, and I must confess I am totally hopeless with anything technical (incapable of wiring a plug correctly), but will have a look at least. Kind of feel I am going to have to buy a new unit though

| Thu 19 Jul 2012 10:49:07 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.