My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

remote not responding at all

(48 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

suiko

OK, I get it. So I should switch it off usuing the on/off button on the remote? And how long should I leave before switching off at mains, assuming there is no Humax update scheduled on the site Barry linked to?

| Tue 24 Jul 2012 9:08:42 #41 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Switch it OFF with the on/off button on the remote or front panel, four dashes (----) will appear on the left of the front panel display. The display will stay like this for about twenty seconds then the dashes will be replaced by the clock on the right of the display and you will hear the hard disk (or fan) shut down. You can then switch OFF at the mains.

Be aware though that these machines are designed to be left in STANDBY. Many people complain about losing series-links, the only time my 9200 has lost series-links is when it is switched OFF at the mains when I go away on holiday.

| Tue 24 Jul 2012 9:41:07 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

suiko

OK. Quite honestly I'm not sure there's enough quality stuff on telly anymore to warrant a tenner a year

Anyway, today I switch on, and we are exactly back at square one once more. The machine powers up, then I get the four dashes as you describe, and then "BBC TWO" flashes up on the display, and then just that tiny icon. And nothing at all. Kind of starting to test my patience

Could this be because I may have inadvertently switched off in the same way I did before?

| Tue 24 Jul 2012 20:42:37 #43 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Well you can still switch OFF at the mains and save the tenner a year, just shut down correctly before doing so.

It's by no means certain that you have caused the problem by directly switching OFF at the mains, get the 9200 going again with Barry's software file then always shut down correctly and see what happens.

| Wed 25 Jul 2012 10:55:59 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

suiko

OK, will try again!

| Wed 25 Jul 2012 11:28:05 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

suiko

OK. Repeated procedure, and it is now working, but reception is very poor - constantly breaking up to the point of being unwatchable. It was fine in this respect before these issues began. Aerial is new, and I have deleted quite a lot of the channels that the Humax found.

| Sat 28 Jul 2012 8:02:40 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

suiko - 3 hours ago  » 
    OK. Repeated procedure, and it is now working, but reception is very poor - constantly breaking up to the point of being unwatchable.

You probably need to manually tune see Link to manual tune FAQ

I have deleted quite a lot of the channels that the Humax found.

Did that include channels numbered above 800? If so you definitely need to manually tune.

| Sat 28 Jul 2012 11:41:42 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

suiko

Thanks. Will try this when I get back from holiday.

| Mon 30 Jul 2012 9:31:31 #48 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.