My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

remote not responding at all

(48 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

suiko

Fingers crossed... it SEEMS to have worked! Thanks a million, Barry.

Is this likely to happen again, and is there anything I can do to keep the Humax running efficiently?

| Sat 21 Jul 2012 19:26:42 #31 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Great news

Ensure you have latest software, and if you should retune, no 800 channels.

| Sat 21 Jul 2012 19:30:12 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

suiko

Thanks. Fingers crossed it'll still be working tonight!

How do I make sure I have the latest software?

| Mon 23 Jul 2012 8:33:47 #33 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Leave it in standby overnight, it should then update automatically if software is being broadcast.

Latest version for the 9200 is 1.00.23

| Mon 23 Jul 2012 8:43:36 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

suiko

So I need to leave on standby every night, on the off chance that there is an update? I don't usually leave things on standby as it uses a lot of electricity.

| Mon 23 Jul 2012 13:19:09 #35 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

suiko - 5 minutes ago  » 
    So I need to leave on standby every night, on the off chance that there is an update? I don't usually leave things on standby as it uses a lot of electricity.

The foxsat uses less than 1W (about 0.75W) in low power sby. A trivial amount of power. It's likely the box will get the extra Olympic HD channels from tomorrow. It's not only updates, for instance the chapter thumbnail images are generated overnight, changes to the epg line up are also done automatically overnight on the latest firmwares.

If left in sby for say 16hrs/day for 12months it will use just over 4 units of electrcity. At 16p/unit just 64p a year.

Got in a twist

A 9200 uses about 11W in sby or £9.00 annually. Time to get HDR FOX T2.

| Mon 23 Jul 2012 13:29:34 #36 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

suiko - 15 minutes ago  » 

You could keep an eye on the DTG website for 9200 updates, and only leave in standby when one is broadcast:

Link to DTG

| Mon 23 Jul 2012 13:36:26 #37 |
  8. Biggles

Biggles

special member

suiko - 47 minutes ago  » 

Do you allow the 9200 to go fully into STANDBY, clock showing the time, before switching OFF at the mains?

| Mon 23 Jul 2012 14:07:35 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

suiko

Not sure what you mean = how should I do that? No, up to now I just switch the TV and Humax off at the mains.

| Mon 23 Jul 2012 19:44:03 #39 |
  10. Biggles

Biggles

special member

suiko - 2 hours ago  » 
    Not sure what you mean = how should I do that? No, up to now I just switch the TV and Humax off at the mains.

When you switch the 9200 from ON to STANDBY it goes through a shut down procedure with some house keeping, shuts down the hard drive then goes to sleep only keeping a watch on the time to perform recordings and any other event it needs to wake up for. If you just switch OFF at the mains from ON then affectively you are cutting the machine off in full flight and conceivably this could have caused your problem. Presumably when you switch OFF your computer you go through a shut down procedure, Start Button, Turn Off Computer, etc., the Hummy is a computer and should be shut down correctly for reliable operation.

| Mon 23 Jul 2012 22:11:27 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.