remote not responding at all

(48 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

suiko

OK, thanks!

| Thu 19 Jul 2012 16:08:18 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

suiko

OK. I have done the update with PC as per the instructions in the link "Guide to updating via PC". Everything went as stated in the instructions.

Now I plug in the PVR again, and it is almost exactly the same as before, except that this time I saw a moment of BBC1 (presumably the last channel it was on when it worked), before the image froze. The message on screen seems now to have updated from 13.00 to 13.53. I still can't access anything via the remote and thus can't use the system at all.

What now?

| Thu 19 Jul 2012 20:12:45 #22 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

What is showing on the front panel display of the 9200 and how are you switching it ON if the front panel buttons don't work? When you were updating the software did you get an updating front panel display? The on-screen display showing 13.00/13.53, is it a full stop as you show or is it a colon 13:00/13:53 and is it in the blue information plate at the bottom of the TV screen? If it is a colon then that is the time and it shows the clock has been running for 53 minutes with no data feed.

| Thu 19 Jul 2012 21:14:35 #23 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Not meaning to step on Biggles toes.

We need to try and get your box defaulted, and as stated earlier I can supply a file for you to upload. I can send to the address you registered with, or if not PM me a different one.

| Thu 19 Jul 2012 21:29:29 #24 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

No problem Barry, just trying to clarify the situation.

| Thu 19 Jul 2012 21:36:58 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

suiko

I switch it on simply by turning it on at the mains, as for the TV itself. Have always done this.

The front panel - after start-up (when it is exactly as normal), it goes to something like this _ : _ , and then to just that tiny icon I mentioned before.

Yes, there was a display while it was updating with the PC - it displayed exactly what it says in the Guide.

On-screen display: I think it's a colon, but I can't be sure about that. Yes, inside the blue information plate. I did wonder whether the additional 53 minutes might be something to do with the time spent updating, tho the process obviously didn't take that long once I got the right COM port.

The email I used to register is fine, Barry.

| Fri 20 Jul 2012 8:36:30 #26 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The email I used to register is fine, Barry.

Sent.

| Fri 20 Jul 2012 8:57:01 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

suiko

Thanks! Will try this tomorrow afternoon (not home today).

So this file should replace the hdf file in the steps outlined in the Guide?

One thing that is not very clear in the Guide is what exactly is meant by switching the machine off/on. This is particularly true (and presumably relevant here because this file is much smaller) about what happens after pressing "Start Update" in the Flash program. In fact I had problems with this timing out in the 30 seconds, as I had to both plug in the Humax and turn it on with the switch at the back. Is it necessary that it should be both unplugged/switched off at mains, and the rocker switch off, before this stage?

| Fri 20 Jul 2012 9:04:52 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

suiko - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Is it necessary that it should be both unplugged/switched off at mains, and the rocker switch off, before this stage?

No need for it to be unplugged; you can happily leave it plugged in and just switch on the power.

| Fri 20 Jul 2012 9:16:08 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

suiko

OK, thanks.

| Fri 20 Jul 2012 9:44:32 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.