My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Remote not working after factory reset Aura

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

stro

Hi had the Humax Aura for about 6 months recently had trouble with sound problems sometimes and decided to to a factory reset. Restarted the machine and was guided to pair bluetooth by pressing ok and i at the same time for 5 seconds but nothing happened tried new batteries in the remote -no improvement. tried resetting the remote ok and red for 5 seconds no luck. Now I don't know if its a remote issue or the box is faulty ..any help would be appreciated thanks

| Tue 11 May 2021 19:14:38 #1 |
  2. barrados

barrados

I've had exactly the same problem several times.
    What i did was skip the setup and continued with the default infa red,
    Once fully setup I could sync the remotes bluetooth with out any problems.

| Tue 11 May 2021 21:24:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

stro

Hi thank you for the reply, couldn't get past setup the IR doesn't seem to work either

| Tue 11 May 2021 21:39:29 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Darren

This happens if you’ve changed the remote code set at some point, to prevent it clashing with other devices.

Hold OK and 0 down on the remote for 5 seconds, the red LED on the remote will illuminate, then press 1, which should put the remote back to the default code set and you should be able to carry on as normal.

| Wed 12 May 2021 7:52:54 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

To check the IR (if that's helpful) open the camera app on your phone and point the IR beam up at the lens whilst watching the screen on the phone. If you can see the IR firing when you are pressing an IR button (e.g. the TV power or TV AV button) you can at least verify that the remote is outputting an IR signal.

| Wed 12 May 2021 8:23:36 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Have you tried a remote control reset...

See this FAQ

| Wed 12 May 2021 14:21:05 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

stro

Hi thanks for all your help checked IR with camera as member Larkim suggested(good tip) and it appears that the remote IR is emitting. Tried OK and 0 for 5sec and pressed 1 but no luck. Surprisingly the TV side still works on the remote on/off I would have thought that the remote reset would cleared the tv code as well. Anyway ordered a new remote if that doesn't work it must be the box. The box is in limbo state at the moment it boots up and takes to the pairing mode cant get passed that with IR either. Failing its not the remote is any reset through USB?

| Wed 12 May 2021 16:32:05 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

stro

Hi sorted now thanks to Barry to set the remote to default press ON/OFF and RED for 5 seconds this did the trick...thank you

| Wed 12 May 2021 19:25:21 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

stro - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi sorted now thanks to Barry to set the remote to default press ON/OFF and RED for 5 seconds this did the trick...thank you

Good news

Thank you for the update.

| Wed 12 May 2021 21:00:45 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

stro

HI Barry working OK but I stupidly reset the remote when the box was off with the power and red and now it doesn't work at all any suggestions to save my wife from killing me would be very much appreciated and I promise not to fiddle with the remote again

| Thu 13 May 2021 16:56:55 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.